• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Howard Brown
    Registrar
    • Jul 2003

"Banned" Documentary About The McCann Case

In Portuguese

View discussions at HiDeHo CONTROVERSY of Madeleine McCann Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/HiDeHoCONTROVERSYofMadeleineMcCann/ATTENTION - Apr...
  • String
    • Jul 2008

New documentary on Netflix, I haven’t watched it yet but it looks interesting.

Madeleine McCann was happily playing in the sea with a new friend hours before she went missing - and gave Kids Club staff a fright when she jumped in the ocean to find her pal's hat

Comment

• Howard Brown
      Registrar
      • Jul 2003

Hey, thanks for that String ! My darling wife, whatshername, and I have Netflix and I didn't even know it.

Comment

• Howard Brown
        Registrar
        • Jul 2003

Did you watch all the episodes, String ?

Pretty shameful how the police in Portugal didn't follow up on what appear to have been very good leads immediately following the little girl's abduction.

Comment

• Howard Brown
          Registrar
          • Jul 2003

Forget to add....the thread starter contained a link to the disgraced Portuguese cop in charge of the McCann Inquiry....Goncalo Amaral.

There's a great reason its 'banned'....because the police under his wing mishandled the case. Fabricating and obfuscating information to his advantage.

Comment

• Anna Morris
            • Jan 2014

That is another case where there are impossibilities or near impossibilities on either side you believe. I am not good at quoting Sherlock Holmes, whatever, about eliminating the impossible or something and ending up with the improbable.

This is how famous old mysteries develop and perpetuate themselves for decades.

The best outcome in this case would be if Madeleine was kidnapped by someone who really wanted a little girl, who has raised her with love and devotion for all of these years and that she will one day turn up alive and well. But I fear that is nearly an impossibility too.
            The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

• Pat Marshall
              Researcher
              • Sep 2015

Well I think I may be the odd one out here. I found it slightly weighted against the Portuguese Police. I wonder if Kennedy had any financial input into this documentary? It gave me that impression. There were a lot of questions I would have liked addressed. I don't think they harmed her but its my personal view that there may have been some kind of accident.

If the father thought it was an abduction why would he let people trample all over the place, he's an intelligent man and a doctor? I also found the wailing across the bed and outside on the veranda strange when they were being filmed. ??
              But saying that I would love for her to be found one day...
              Pat....

Comment

• String
                • Jul 2008

Just watched the first episode so far which laid out the circumstances of the abduction/murder. Looks like an interesting series.

Comment

• Caroline Brown
                  Author
                  • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Pat Marshall
                  Well I think I may be the odd one out here. I found it slightly weighted against the Portuguese Police. I wonder if Kennedy had any financial input into this documentary? It gave me that impression. There were a lot of questions I would have liked addressed. I don't think they harmed her but its my personal view that there may have been some kind of accident.

If the father thought it was an abduction why would he let people trample all over the place, he's an intelligent man and a doctor? I also found the wailing across the bed and outside on the veranda strange when they were being filmed. ??
                  But saying that I would love for her to be found one day...
                  Pat....
                  Make that the odd two out, Pat. I'm with you.

I actually live in the house where an early suspect's grandmother lived up until her death in 2006, when he popped back to the UK to help his mother sort out the property. We only found out after buying it in 2014, looking at the deeds and talking to regulars at our local pub, who knew the story. The deeds showed us that his grandmother's name was coincidentally also Madeleine. He was cleared of any involvement, but I must admit I was a bit jittery when we had the 'jungle' at the top end of our garden cleared and dug up to make a patio area.

Love,

Caz
                  X
                  I wish I were two puppies then I could play together - Storm Petersen

Comment

Working...