Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > Motives and Reasons > 1. True Psychopath and/or Sociopath

1. True Psychopath and/or Sociopath "It was an urge. . . . . A strong urge, and the longer I let it go the stronger it got, to where I was taking risks to go out and kill people." - Edmund Kemper

Old March 28th, 2017, 10:17 AM   #1
Anna Morris

Default Interview With JtR~~Shawcross

I have said a number of times serial killers seldom have anything interesting to say. Here is a very good interview with New York state serial killer Arthur Shawcross. There is a lot to learn here that can pertain to JtR's activities.

For example Shawcross strangled his victims first. We think JtR may have done something like this. Shawcross explains the time needed and what happens during strangulatioin. Did JtR strangle his victims or choke them into submission? How long did it take?

Shawcross describes one victim he ripped from chest to pubes and more or less why he did it.

Shawcross is the product of the Twentieth Century with modern ideas about psychology for excuses. He had the advantage of cars and wide open spaces to dump victims.

Yet there is a lot here that could apply to JtR. Note particularly what he says about police. I try to imagine how Jack would have sounded in this interview and I can't quite picture it. Shawcross sounds so New York state.

Shawcross claimed he would see a blinding white light and when he regained his senses there would be a body in his car. (Which he subsequently dumped, revisited, sometimes did things with. Then he made more bodies.) Personally, I have seen blinding white lights from migraine. If I ever found a body in my car afterward I would go to the police, get myself committed (sectioned) or commit suicide~~find some way to do the decent thing. Does Shawcross make excuses? Probably. Or does he believe what he says and rejects the idea of doing the decent things?

Most of what he has to say COULD be applied to JtR and I think there are some points to ponder on how Jack may have done some of the same things, especially concerning the police.

Here's a link which I hope I got right:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFGQchbHlew
Old March 28th, 2017, 03:43 PM   #2
Howard Brown
Proprietor-Administrator

Thanks for the link and post, Anna.

It might be worth noting that Shawcross, had there been justice the first time he committed murder, should never have been capable of killing the number of women that he did. He was granted parole after raping & murdering two children. Twelve women died as a result.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Shawcross

Anyway.....Anna, I think we have to take what he says with a few thousand grains of salt. He's also a pathological liar.

None of that, however, is meant to diminish the point you're trying to make here. I'll give that program you provided a look later on. Thanks.
Old March 28th, 2017, 03:53 PM   #3
Anna Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Brown View Post

It might be worth noting that Shawcross, had there been justice the first time he committed murder, should never have been capable of killing the number of women that he did. He was granted parole after raping & murdering two children. Twelve women died as a result.

Anyway.....Anna, I think we have to take what he says with a few thousand grains of salt. He's also a pathological liar.

None of that, however, is meant to diminish the point you're trying to make here. I'll give that program you provided a look later on. Thanks.
I posted a thoughtful reply and it just got lost in the ozone.... So here's a short reply...

The interviewer here is extremely good and Shawcross doesn't get to blather and excuse himself. The questions are excellent and the answers are very interesting.
Old April 6th, 2017, 11:48 AM   #4
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Brown View Post

another example of the "justice" system failing society and specifically lazy and cowardly Prosecutors settling for plea bargains instead of going to trial like they should. so sad. and pisses me off.
This loser should have at the very least been put away for life without parole.
Abby Normal is online now   Reply With Quote