Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > Stan Reid's Crime Repository

Old January 4th, 2017, 03:11 PM   #661
Stan Reid
Burden to society

50 years ago - 1967 January 7 - In a Las Vegas hotel, AWOL Richard Paris intentionally fires a bullet into a bundle of dynamite setting off the explosives. The insanely jealous murderer wound up killing his bride, himself and five other guests.

Stan
Stan Reid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2017, 04:38 PM   #662
Stan Reid
Burden to society

50 years ago - 1967 January 23 - Melvin Gibbs, 16, dies after becoming ill in his Georgia home. He has been poisoned by his mother Janie Lou Gibbs although authorities won't figure that out until after she goes on to murder her oldest son and a grandson. In the previous year, she'd also dispatched her husband and only other son in the same manner. The serial killer eventually wound up with five consecutive life sentences although she was released in 1999. Mrs. Gibbs aimed to gain from inheritance and insurance but there were likely some other psychological issues. She died in 2010.

Stan
Old January 28th, 2017, 05:13 PM   #663
Stan Reid
Burden to society

50 years ago - 1967 January 31 - In Poland, Bozhena Raczkiewicz, 18, is stabbed to death by Lucian Staniak, who was known as "The Red Spider" from his writing style. She was the sixth and final known murder victim of Staniak. The serial killer was eventually captured and sent to an insane asylum.

Stan
Old February 6th, 2017, 04:48 PM   #664
Stan Reid
Burden to society

50 years ago - 1967 February 9 - Mary Ellen Kaldenberg, 17, vanishes this evening on a walk to a local Kenosha, Wisconsin drug store. In a few days, her body will be found in the back of a derelict hearse inside an auto impound lot. Miss Kaldenberg had been stabbed multiple times. Her murder is still unsolved today.

Stan
Old February 7th, 2017, 05:11 PM   #665
Stan Reid
Burden to society

450 years ago - 1567 February 10 - In Edinburgh, the bodies of Henry Stuart, Lord Darnley and King Consort to Mary Queen of Scots, and his valet, William Taylor, are found outside their living quarters that have just been rocked by two explosions. It was never determined if they died from the blasts or were killed by other means while trying to escape the detonations. It was suspected that the murders were a plot by nobles in possible collusion with the Queen. Mary and James Hepburn, 4th Earl of Bothwell, were put on trial for the murders but were not found guilty. An almost certainly innocent soldier, named William Blackadder, was convicted of the killings in a show trial and executed. In an unrelated proceeding, Mary was later executed for the crime of treason.

Stan
Old February 23rd, 2017, 08:01 PM   #666
Stan Reid
Burden to society

150 years ago - 1867 February 26 - Bridget Durgan, a domestic, stabs Mary Coriel, the wife of her employer, to death in her New Jersey residence. The motive was apparently to elevate Durgan's standing in the home as the only woman. She was hanged for murder later in the year.

Stan
Old February 24th, 2017, 03:20 PM   #667
Stan Reid
Burden to society

50 years ago - 1967 February 27 - In Mississippi, NAACP officer Wharlest Jackson is murdered with a car bomb. Although a racist splinter group was suspected, no arrests were made and the crime remains officially unsolved.

Stan
Old February 27th, 2017, 03:46 PM   #668
Stan Reid
Burden to society

50 years ago - 1967 March 2 - June Cook, 41, is dragged from her car and beaten to death then put back in the vehicle which was then run into a tree to simulate an accident. Her husband Raymond got in the passenger's seat and pretended to be injured as well. The beating was actually administerd by Eric Jones, the former lover of Valerie Newell who was currently involved with Mr. Cook. Ms. Newell was believed to be the instigator of the plot and she, along with Mr. Cook and Mr. Jones, were found guilty of murder by an English jury and sent to prison for life.

Stan