Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > Persons Of Interest or Actual Suspects > FUNNY Ripper Theories

FUNNY Ripper Theories OK, the theory may also be wacky, but the difference here is that it was proposed to be serious. Honestly.

Old August 25th, 2017, 05:59 AM   #1
Caroline Brown
Author

Default Monty Reincarnated?

I wish to report that Mr and Mrs Brown of Sidmouth have reason to suspect that our cat Monty has lived before. We have confided in our local West Country MP, Hugh Jarse, and trust him not to spread it abroad that Monty's family believe he could be Jack the Ripper reborn.

The other morning, after a night out hunting for vulnerable creatures, Monty looked at us sheepishly, surrounded by blood smears all over our conservatory floor, and he had used the doormat to cover up the worst of the gore. No other remains were in evidence except a small organ we believed was the kidney of a poor old bird or frightened mouse. We don't know what happened to the other one, but have asked the neighbours to look out for him nipping across the road to the Post Office.

Love,

Caz
X
Old August 25th, 2017, 06:41 AM   #2
Anna Morris

WONDERFUL observation! Thank you so much for sharing!

(That odd bit of innards is probably from a rodent. My cats leave those things from gophers and voles. Also, my veterinary described cats as murderers on four legs.)
Old August 25th, 2017, 07:12 AM   #3
Gary Barnett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline Morris View Post
I wish to report that Mr and Mrs Brown of Sidmouth have reason to suspect that our cat Monty has lived before. We have confided in our local West Country MP, Hugh Jarse, and trust him not to spread it abroad that Monty's family believe he could be Jack the Ripper reborn.

The other morning, after a night out hunting for vulnerable creatures, Monty looked at us sheepishly, surrounded by blood smears all over our conservatory floor, and he had used the doormat to cover up the worst of the gore. No other remains were in evidence except a small organ we believed was the kidney of a poor old bird or frightened mouse. We don't know what happened to the other one, but have asked the neighbours to look out for him nipping across the road to the Post Office.

Love,

Caz
X
Caz,

I don't keep up with West Country politics - when did Hugh Jampton lose his majority?

Gary
Gary Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2017, 07:14 AM   #4
Jon Simons

Quote:
Hugh Jarse

Excellent
Jon Simons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2017, 07:15 AM   #5
Robert Linford
Researcher Extraordinaire

It is not the first time that the cat Monty has been involved in controversy. There was the message scratched on a wooden door - "The shrews are not the men that will be blamed for nothing" - not to mention the occasion when he got into school trouble (basically he ate an entire school of fish). It is now feared that Monty may 'go' abroad, and neighbours have been issued with scoops and plastic bags.
Robert Linford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2017, 07:19 AM   #6
Gary Barnett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Linford View Post
It is not the first time that the cat Monty has been involved in controversy. There was the message scratched on a wooden door - "The shrews are not the men that will be blamed for nothing" - not to mention the occasion when he got into school trouble (basically he ate an entire school of fish). It is now feared that Monty may 'go' abroad, and neighbours have been issued with scoops and plastic bags.
I'd search his basket - I wouldn't be surprised if you found an 'off-beak' season ticket to Exmoor
Gary Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2017, 11:24 AM   #7
Anna Morris

Caz: You have the material for a darling children's book on JtR...told through the eyes of Monty.
Old August 25th, 2017, 11:56 AM   #8
Anna Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Linford View Post
If he had been caught scratching the message about the Shruwes onto brick or plaster we may have been able to see beneath, the work of Masons.
Old August 25th, 2017, 12:24 PM   #9
Caroline Brown
Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Barnett View Post
Caz,

I don't keep up with West Country politics - when did Hugh Jampton lose his majority?

Gary
Good one Gary.

Actually, our MP is one Hugo Swire, but modesty forbids me from revealing how I altered his name, printed in white letters on my election leaflet, with tippex and a felt tip pen.

Oh go on then. Basically, I changed the o to an e and the r to an n.

Simple and effective and more subtle than the person who scrawled on a long line of election posters along the main A3052 Exeter Road, using a black marker pen: HUGE TWAT.

The posters were taken down soon afterwards by some killjoy. And Hugo retained his seat by a huge arse majority.

That's the West Country for you.

Monty was in London as a lad, but I don't know whereabouts, so he could have sharpened his claws in Blackheath, Whitechapel or even mews in Chelsea.

By the way, he is insane - even for a cat - and I suspect it runs in the family.

Love,

Caz
X
Old August 25th, 2017, 12:28 PM   #10
Sam Flynn
Owl Catcher

Quote:
Actually, our MP is one Hugo Swyre, but modesty forbids me from revealing how I altered his name on my election leaflet with tippex.

Oh go on then. Basically, I changed the o to an e and the yr to in.
I'd have done exactly the same.

I had to look him up, and I'm here to tell you that Huge Swine's photo on Wikipedia is right out of the Alan B'Stard style-guide. Interestingly, his ancestor was a prosperous textile trader from Liverpool, which is never a good sign...

"Suche Nullen"
(F. Nietzsche)

Sam Flynn is offline   Reply With Quote