Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > The Forteana Forum > Ghosts and Apparitions

Old July 9th, 2009, 06:11 PM   #1
Gumshoe

Default Top 5 Haunted Houses

http://science.howstuffworks.com/5-r...ted-houses.htm
Gumshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2009, 06:16 PM   #2
Currerbell
Former Member

Ive visited the Biltmore Hotel in Miami, Florida, thats supposed to be VERY haunted, tho I noticed nothing as I sipped a drink by the pool side, and dont be making no spirit jokes...it was only Diet Coke and lemon!
Old July 9th, 2009, 11:11 PM   #3
Archaic
Former Member

Default Haunted Nawlins

My favorite is the Hotel Monteleone in the French Qtr of New Orleans. I went to N.O. last Spring on business, with zero free time to do anything fun like a haunted Nawlins tour, and I got booked on the beautiful old Monteleone's 14th Floor...
which I soon found out was really the 13th Floor, but they had to call it the "14th Floor" because it's so hauntedno one would stay there otherwise!

And stuff actually happened, which was so cool and unexpected... I wanna go back!!

Archaic
Old July 10th, 2009, 04:24 AM   #4
Currerbell
Former Member

Many hotels dont actually have a 13th floor, theres a hotel in London, really posh, where if you have 13 guests sitting around a table to eat they add an extra chair and this black cat statue sits along to make it 14 for luck!
Old July 10th, 2009, 06:01 AM   #5
Mike Covell
Former Member

None of my houses were on the list!

I have been on location in places with no history of activity and seen apparitions, recorded temp fluctuations, watched the EMF Meter record fluctuations, and watched as doors open on their own, footsteps moved around a table, and movement activated lights turn on in an empty corridor.

And I have been to places with so much recorded activity, and seen, felt and recorded nothing!

From theatres, to houses, pubs, clubs, museums, and castles. It's all about being in the right place at the right time.
Mike Covell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2009, 06:06 AM   #6
Currerbell
Former Member

Really???!! Id love that! I was in Haworth yesterday with a book called Ghosts and Gravestones of Haworth by Philip Lister and bumped into the man in the actual graveyard in Haworth! He was a lovely chap, and we stood talking for a while about his book and the area/ghosts etc etc

Talk about right place and time, never happens to me!

If you believe too hard you see what you want to see, not whats there...(Im sounding a bit like Fox Mulder now...or is it Dana Scully?!)

Where were these so called non haunted places where you saw/felt something? In Hull?
Old July 10th, 2009, 06:09 AM   #7
Bob Hinton
Author

Default Ghoulies and Ghosties

I have had several supernatural experiences, three of which would come under the heading of hauntings. One was spooky, one was completely benign and the other was the most terrifying experience Iíve ever had in my life.
Old July 10th, 2009, 06:16 AM   #8
Currerbell
Former Member

Id love to hear them, can you tell us here, or PM me?
Old July 10th, 2009, 06:22 AM   #9
Mike Covell
Former Member

Oriel Chambers, home of the WISE centre, which studies Slavery. Wonderful late Victorian building full of activity!

I have visited over 160 locations in Hull with alleged paranormal activity for the book "Mike Covell's Haunted Hull"
Mike Covell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2009, 06:28 AM   #10
Currerbell
Former Member

Oh I shall be buying a copy of that when its out! ;-)