Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > Inquest and Doctors' Reports

Inquest and Doctors' Reports Forum for discussion of the coroner's reports and inquest reports for the various victims of the Whitechapel Murders, including the observations and autopsy reports by the attending physicians

Old November 25th, 2016, 01:09 PM   #71
Howard Brown
Proprietor-Administrator

Old November 25th, 2016, 03:36 PM   #72
Christer Holmgren
Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna Morris View Post
I think he was exploring. If one opening didn't work, why not more? Jack's cuts and mutilations don't make sense, except maybe to a crazy person.
Then you just dubbed me crazy, Anna...
Old November 25th, 2016, 03:50 PM   #73
Anna Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christer Holmgren View Post
Then you just dubbed me crazy, Anna...
Um....well..... Maybe we are two of a kind. I am translating the Voynich Manuscript and I have an idea everyone thinks I'm nuts though I successfully match (mostly) Croatian words and phrases to pictures.

In a pseudo editorial in an old paper printed in the U.S. there was a comment that the abdominal cuts to Jack's victims were the same as one would make in dressing a sheep. For what it's worth. I have no idea if the article originated in the UK. The U.S. is not a big sheep eating nation so a writer here would probably never mention the dressing of a sheep carcass.

I once mentioned something like this because there are all sorts of tales about how to cut the abdomen of a sheep so the wool doesn't taint the meat. I have never done it so I don't know if these tales are correct. (The worst I ever heard was that a bicycle pump needle should be inserted into the sheep's skin and the whole skin pumped up like a balloon before attempting a cut.)
Old November 25th, 2016, 06:29 PM   #74
Christer Holmgren
Researcher

Quote:
Um....well..... Maybe we are two of a kind. I am translating the Voynich Manuscript and I have an idea everyone thinks I'm nuts though I successfully match (mostly) Croatian words and phrases to pictures.

In a pseudo editorial in an old paper printed in the U.S. there was a comment that the abdominal cuts to Jack's victims were the same as one would make in dressing a sheep. For what it's worth. I have no idea if the article originated in the UK. The U.S. is not a big sheep eating nation so a writer here would probably never mention the dressing of a sheep carcass.

I once mentioned something like this because there are all sorts of tales about how to cut the abdomen of a sheep so the wool doesn't taint the meat. I have never done it so I don't know if these tales are correct. (The worst I ever heard was that a bicycle pump needle should be inserted into the sheep's skin and the whole skin pumped up like a balloon before attempting a cut.)
I think the sheep business is of little value, to be honest. The Ripper cut from sternum to pubes, and that is the manner in which to cut if you want to gain a maximum access to the inside.
I really think that it is no harder than that, and that there were no sheep involved anywhere.
So already there, we may well have a perfectly logical and easily enough explained cut...
Old November 25th, 2016, 07:05 PM   #75
Robert Linford
Researcher Extraordinaire

there were no sheep involved anywhere.

So you don't feel the Ripper was an ungulateful fellow?
Robert Linford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2016, 09:53 PM   #76
Anna Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christer Holmgren View Post
I think the sheep business is of little value, to be honest. The Ripper cut from sternum to pubes, and that is the manner in which to cut if you want to gain a maximum access to the inside.
I really think that it is no harder than that, and that there were no sheep involved anywhere.
So already there, we may well have a perfectly logical and easily enough explained cut...
I was thinking of the "flaps" of skin removed from some of the victims' abdomens. That seems very unusual.

Also sheep came to mind when someone theorised maybe Jack knew how to remove a uterus because maybe he was a pork butcher. I got to thinking the porcine uterus is not comparable to human because the pig births litters and such animals have uterine horns. So what animal would most resemble human in size and placement? I figured it would be the sheep.

I'm sure curious if Jack tried to wash up before he left Mary's room. His arms would have been stained with some of the things he did. I so wish we had an inventory of the room. She must have had a wash basin and maybe a pitcher of water.
Old November 26th, 2016, 11:13 AM   #77
Christer Holmgren
Researcher

Quote:
I was thinking of the "flaps" of skin removed from some of the victims' abdomens. That seems very unusual.

Also sheep came to mind when someone theorised maybe Jack knew how to remove a uterus because maybe he was a pork butcher. I got to thinking the porcine uterus is not comparable to human because the pig births litters and such animals have uterine horns. So what animal would most resemble human in size and placement? I figured it would be the sheep.

I'm sure curious if Jack tried to wash up before he left Mary's room. His arms would have been stained with some of the things he did. I so wish we had an inventory of the room. She must have had a wash basin and maybe a pitcher of water.
Yes, probably. But if these items were tinged with blood, I feel certain that we would know. Itīs the kind of thing that the papers would pounce on, and the medicos and the police would have no reason to keep it secret. Itīs just my take on it, but thatīs how I feel.

The flap thing IS very unusual, but I donīt tie it to sheep slaughter at all. I think the whole matter is about a fascination about the human anatomy, specifically the female type.
And I think that much of the knowledge the killer had was not aquired by practical explorations from the outset, although we may have a background of cutting up animals. But animalsībodies differ from the human body in many ways.