X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Howard Brown
    Registrar
    • Jul 2003

Charles Grande : On Jews In Prison

Very interesting piece, a part of the series Broke On The Wheel....which I ought to be posting here in the near future.

• Jerry Dunlop
    Information Extractor
    • Jul 2014

Thanks for sharing, How!

Interesting commentary about his feelings toward Jews I hadn't known about. The GSG came to mind!

Comment

• Howard Brown
      Registrar
      • Jul 2003

My pleasure, JD.

I believe Grande is merely telling it like it was ...that those criminal Jews received special privileges. So much for 'anti-Semitism' in the slammer when they were exempt from work two days a week...but the Gentiles weren't.

Comment

• Howard Brown
        Registrar
        • Jul 2003

Jerry:

I'll try to get the entire series up on a thread in the near future. Today's a bad day for that, but I promise to get cracking on it.

Comment

• Debra Arif
          Retired
          • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Howard Brown
          My pleasure, JD.

I believe Grande is merely telling it like it was ...that those criminal Jews received special privileges. So much for 'anti-Semitism' in the slammer when they were exempt from work two days a week...but the Gentiles weren't.
          Grande also did a bit of moaning about having to sit through Catholic services because when Christian Neilson was convicted his records showed he was Catholic; Grande denied being Christian Neilson or Catholic and although a jury believed him, the authorities didn't, and it became an alias on his file for the rest of his criminal career despite his protests.

Harcourt's 1905 'Bolts and Bars,' which is another prison related memoirs book we've discussed quite a lot in the past also mentioned a Whitechapel Jew in Portland prison and included an illustration. Harcourt's book would have been written when Grande and Grainger were in Portland and also Jabez Balfour.

Comment

• Howard Brown
            Registrar
            • Jul 2003

Thanks for that information, Debs....I was unaware of that scenario of him denying being Catholic.
            XXXXX

Comment

Working...