X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Howard Brown
    Registrar
    • Jul 2003

Bump Up

A recent entry in Gray's Police Magistrate blog contained the line that 'some people want the Ripper to be an outsider'...which from here spells J-e-w.

Back when this thread was established ( 2016), the inference was that Anderson and Co. chose Kosminski based on his Jewish heritage.

Now, in 2019, he seems to be saying that modern researchers want the Ripper to be a Jew.....but based on what ?

Comment

• John Malcolm
      Author
      • Apr 2006

Please, don't get me started...

Comment

• Anna Morris
        • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Howard Brown
        Bump Up

A recent entry in Gray's Police Magistrate blog contained the line that 'some people want the Ripper to be an outsider'...which from here spells J-e-w.

Back when this thread was established ( 2016), the inference was that Anderson and Co. chose Kosminski based on his Jewish heritage.

Now, in 2019, he seems to be saying that modern researchers want the Ripper to be a Jew.....but based on what ?
        I kind of got that idea from Sir Robert Anderson's comments as well as a general feeling reported sometimes in 1888, that a fiend like JtR could never be an Englishman. The latter comment sounds like understandable chatter among people on the street who were afraid and for who JtR was a deadly phantom of the night. I have always wondered why East Indians, other Asians, etc. were not implicated but perhaps the thought, "the fiend cannot be an Englishman," never had deeper meaning.

When I said I thought Anderson was negative toward Polish Jews, someone here posted further comments by Anderson--which I had previously read and forgotten-- that completely negated the idea that he or anyone else pointed to a "lower class Polish Jew" simply to find an outsider to blame. There seems to have been enough evidence to implicate a certain man of that description. That is far different from a far sweeping investigation trying to find a man of that description who could have been JtR.

These comments of Anderson should be re-posted here. I think he was replying to or addressing, with great sensitivity, a Jewish group.
        The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

• Roy Corduroy
          Researcher
          • Aug 2009

Hi Anna, yes of course an analysis of Anderson is worthwhile.

Howie, is it just me or am I confused. You are looking at a blog of Mr. Gray's. I looked at the blog links of his you posted in another thread where he recounts Police Court proceedings in his own revisionist politically correct style. I don't see the quote you quoted. Why is this? Why does Drew Gray matter? Who is he? Wait, is he an academic who has confused Cats Meat Man with being a Horse Slaughterer. He is not going to get us any closer to a thorough examination of the Polish Jew theory. It has been examined. It will continue to be examined. Why do we bother with academics at all? With the Blame England crowd. Why whole threads about them. Why the big hoo ha about that lady's book, the 5. Wheels are spinning on upturned cars. Nobody is crossing at the walk signals. We are standing there gawking at holes in the sidewalk.

I'm missing something here, Howie.

What is it, please at your convenience?

Your ob serv,
          Roy

Comment

• Howard Brown
            Registrar
            • Jul 2003

Roy:

You're absolutely right. I had let the issue get the best of me.

How

Comment

• Paul
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by John Malcolm
              Please, don't get me started...
              Or me.

Comment

• Cris Malone
                Historian
                • Mar 2010

On Roy's post...my sentiments exactly.