For the love of God.......

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Poster
    • Jul 2007

I see Dr X is back in best Shatner mode....

I'll do my best.

That would.....be because Dr......X......the original post.....complained ......about the......number, not....presence of.....such ....threads.

So its nothing to do with clicking, its about having relevant stuff obscured under a towering pile of non Ripper stuff.

But luckily......the problem...has...been solved to....my satisfaction.

p
    "Chance hasn't yet peached on Jack the Ripper.If she ever does, it will probably be cause for grotesque disappointment among the Ripperologists, who get as much joy from attacking one another's lunacies, as from any problems originally posed by the Whitechapel murderer" R. Gowers, The Independant, Saturday, 31 December 1994

Comment

• Robert Linford
      Ripperologist, now deceased
      • Sep 2005

13th law of Ripperology : Ripperologists always forget the 12th law of Ripperology.

Comment

• Howard Brown
        Registrar
        • Jul 2003

14th Law of Ripperology:

Put 12 of us in a room and voila ! You've got 13 solutions. ( from Jakubowski & Brauund's book...I ain't that clever to think one like that up).

Comment

• JDombrowski89
          Call Me Orson Buggy
          • Feb 2008

15th Law Of Ripperology:

Without characters, such as the rugged manly man, How Brown, and the useful help of Sir Mike Covell, Donald Rumbelow, Martin Fido, and Keith Skinner as well as Stewart P. Evans...Ripperology would be far more less-superior, and more like the film version of, From Hell.

Regards,
          Justin
          Last edited by JDombrowski89; October 20, 2008, 12:01 AM. Reason: bloody facts!
          They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Howard Brown
            Registrar
            • Jul 2003

Thats one of the more better posts on this thread,J.D.

I see my English skills are rubbin' off on you...thats probably for the most best.

How

Comment

• JDombrowski89
              Call Me Orson Buggy
              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by How Brown
              Thats one of the more better posts on this thread,J.D.

I see my English skills are rubbin' off on you...thats probably for the most best.

How
              How,

what a kind compliment, gov'na!

All we need is some fellas here in knickerbockers and "duds" as you say, shall we? oh and some of those fresh innerds Mishter Lusk!

Regards,
              Justin
              They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Celesta

16th Law of Ripperology:

All discussions of Miller's Court must segue into a discussion of where Elizabeth Prater's flat was positioned in space and hearing distance in regards to #13 Miller's Ct.

Comment

• Sam Flynn

17th Law of Ripperology:

Not all people are inclined to take temporal, geospatial, logistical and physiological factors into account when addressing a given scenario.

Law 17b:

Of those that do, only a few are disposed to address such factors with any degree of objectivity.

(Thanks for reminding me, Cel )

Comment

• Celesta

My pleasure, Sam! We couldn't let it slip by.

Comment

• Robert Linford
                      Ripperologist, now deceased
                      • Sep 2005

18th law of Ripperology : it is certain that nothing is certain in JTR world.

Comment

• Howard Brown
                        Registrar
                        • Jul 2003

19th Law of Ripperology:

Occasionally offer evidence to support your suspect-based theory...but only occasionally. At times, a meal will smell more better than it actually tastes.

Comment

• Celesta

20th Law of Ripperology:

In order to maintain the high level of fun in Ripperology, one must, at least on a part time basis, have great conviction about small things.

It makes arguing "more-better."

Comment

• Howard Brown
                            Registrar
                            • Jul 2003

21st Law of Ripperology:

Keep hammering away at those educated types with my version of English and one day all the men and more fairest damsels throughout the land...far and more widest.. will use the phrases 'more better", "least best" ,"lessest better' and "more lesser" in their day to day dialogue...and eventually the whole world will be a one,giant How Brown....but with more better captions as a result.

Comment

• Ali

22nd Law of Ripperology
                              When one of us is in a crisis, the support and good wishes of everyone on How's site keep us going.
                              Thank you to everybody once again for supporting me here and on Facebook..
                              I love you all
                              Ali
                              xx

Comment

• Magpie
                                Researcher
                                • Jul 2006

23 Law of Ripperology.

The evidence of surgical skill and/or anatomical knowledge in the Ripper mutilations is directly proportionate to the surgical skill in a preferred suspect.

If the preferred suspect is a doctor, then great surgical skill and knowledge is evident in the mutilations.

If the preferred suspect is a butcher, then some surgical skill but little knowledge is evident.

If the preferred suspect is, say, a cotton merchant, then no skill or knowledge is evident.
                                "The Men who were not the Man who was not Jack the Ripper!"

Comment

Working...