Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > Inquest and Doctors' Reports

Inquest and Doctors' Reports Forum for discussion of the coroner's reports and inquest reports for the various victims of the Whitechapel Murders, including the observations and autopsy reports by the attending physicians

Old January 3rd, 2009, 11:25 AM   #1
Debbie McDonald
Former Member

Default Wynne E Baxter - Coroner

Hi

Have just made an amazing discovery!! Having just had my book 'The Prince, His Tutor and the Ripper' published, I have turned to playing around a little with my family history.

I was born and lived most of my life in Kent. But would you believe it, when I started my research into my family I discovered that my father's mother came from the East End two roads on from Bucks Row!

As if that wasn't strange enough, my great grandmother (Esther Langston) died in 1894 aged only 37. Naturally such a young person dying suddenly aroused suspicions so a Coroner was bought in. Yep - Wynne E Baxter!

So having written a Ripper book (and another about Clara Collet one of Booth's researchers in the East End), I suddenly discover an amazing link.

Must have been in the genes!

Incidentally I would be most interested to know any more about Baxter if anyone can fill me in? Thanks.

Deborah McDonald
Old January 3rd, 2009, 11:57 AM   #2
Howard Brown
Proprietor-Administrator

This is a pretty interesting find,Debbie. Nice going.
Old January 12th, 2009, 09:26 PM   #3
Dave O
Former Member

Adam Wood wrote about Wynne Baxter for the Sept 2005 issue of Ripperologist. His article can be read here: http://www.casebook.org/dissertations/rip-baxter.html
Dave O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2009, 05:06 PM   #4
Debbie McDonald
Former Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave O View Post
Adam Wood wrote about Wynne Baxter for the Sept 2005 issue of Ripperologist. His article can be read here: http://www.casebook.org/dissertations/rip-baxter.html
Dear Dave O

Thanks a million for the tip. Will get on and have a look. I probably have the copy lurking somewhere on my computer but do not remember that article.

Kind regards

Debbie