Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > The Pros & The Cons

The Pros & The Cons Forum for presenting arguments for or against suspects...witness statements...whether or not one or more murder victims were Ripper victims...and a whole lot more.

Old February 13th, 2016, 02:51 AM   #21
Adam Went
Researcher

Hi Anna,

It would hardly be likely that Liz would be the only woman with a partner or "interest" inside the club though, yet according to witness statements she was the only single woman seen in the vicinity at the time. I also seem to recall reading somewhere that partners had been in the club earlier in the night? In saying that, I do think it's possible that Liz was waiting for someone - let's not forget that it wasn't far from the thoroughfare of Commercial Road which was much busier - and she certainly did seem to have made a special effort in regard to her work and appearance that day.

Cheers,
Adam.
Adam Went is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2016, 02:56 PM   #22
Anna Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Went View Post
Hi Anna,

It would hardly be likely that Liz would be the only woman with a partner or "interest" inside the club though, yet according to witness statements she was the only single woman seen in the vicinity at the time. I also seem to recall reading somewhere that partners had been in the club earlier in the night? In saying that, I do think it's possible that Liz was waiting for someone - let's not forget that it wasn't far from the thoroughfare of Commercial Road which was much busier - and she certainly did seem to have made a special effort in regard to her work and appearance that day.

Cheers,
Adam.
Agree to that! I think Liz had a plan of some kind.
Old February 14th, 2016, 01:42 AM   #23
Curryong

PC Smith told the inquest that very few prostitutes solicited in Berner St. In other words it wasn't a regular beat. I do still tend to think that the man PC Smith saw Liz with was a client however, (maybe a client who had treated her to grapes and/or cachous to give her peace of mind about him).

If BS man wasn't Liz's killer (and I do have difficulty with his unRipper-like behaviour in the street, drawing attention to himself) then maybe PC Smith's subject had gone off for a few moments leaving Liz there at the gate, contentedly chewing her cashews. Maybe he'd told her he had to use the club privies then waited in the darkness when he saw the row develop. After the row he rejoined her and they both went into the darkness of the yard.
Curryong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2016, 04:19 AM   #24
Adam Went
Researcher

Curryong:

Not a bad thought at all. I hadn't considered the possibility that Liz had simply been left alone for a few moments by a fellow she was already with. Either way, at least we agree that the behaviour of Schwartz's first man is out of character with JTR.

Cheers,
Adam.
Adam Went is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2016, 08:55 AM   #25
Anna Morris

Curryong: Your idea has a good feel to it. We always need to account for the cachous. I learned that when I was new here. Lynn always brought up the cachous. Lots of ideas about Liz' murder never fit together all the way. Your idea is workable.

I have thought of the cachous in relation to the grapes before. If the man bought grapes and she didn't like or want them, maybe he gave her cachous. She didn't have any grapes in her system.