Jack The Ripper Forums  - Ripperology For The 21st Century  

Go Back   Jack The Ripper Forums - Ripperology For The 21st Century > The Crime Scenes

The Crime Scenes Lacking any forensic sciences as a tool,we're as well off as the contemporary detective was . That won't deter us,as we continue to investigate those scenes of madness....or calculated acts...

Old 07-01-2010, 09:20 PM   #51
Howard Brown
Proprietor & Researcher

Permit me to add something here...

More often than not, those who lean towards the GSG being the real deal seem to think that the apron and message were left for the police.

How often do any of those who do give it more than a 50/50 shot at being legitimate think it may have been left for the inhabitants of the Wentworth to stumble across or as a third possibility, a random,rank and file person walking by and seeing them ?

Quick link to the Complete A to Z on Amazon below
Search function in operation.

http://www.amazon.com/reader/1844547...der_1844547973
Howard Brown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 02:03 AM   #52
Monty
The Independent Genius

Caz,

Yes, got there in the end.

Monty

x
Monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:18 AM   #53
Paul Kearney A.K.A. NEMO
Theorist & Speculator

Quote:
Originally Posted by How Brown View Post
More often than not, those who lean towards the GSG being the real deal seem to think that the apron and message were left for the police.

How often do any of those who do give it more than a 50/50 shot at being legitimate think it may have been left for the inhabitants of the Wentworth to stumble across or as a third possibility, a random,rank and file person walking by and seeing them ?

I actually never considered it was a message for the police directly

I assumed that it was there for the public, press and police to see but possibly it was drawing attention to the Wentworth buildings

Being possibly accusatory toward the building's occupants, he might expect them to rub it off so it was not really placed there for them to read as such
Paul Kearney A.K.A. NEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:32 PM   #54
Caroline Morris
Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by How Brown View Post
Permit me to add something here...

Hi How,

Actually that's a very good question and I think it applies equally, whether the message was left by the ripper or not. Either way, its author could have had little control over who would find it first or when, what effect it would have on them if any, and what would become of it. That might be why it was done in small, neat letters. A much larger, attention-grabbing scrawl might have been seen too soon for his purposes or not produced the desired reaction.

Other than that, whoever wrote it was obliged to leave its discovery very much to chance. Similar, in fact, to the apron and the victim it came from. The ripper could have chosen to destroy the apron but he didn't, and instead it was found grinning up at this legible but cryptic message, meant to convey something or other to goodness knows who. He left his victims to be found quickly too, by whoever happened along the soonest. But that could have been lack of time or opportunity to conceal, dump or dispose of the bodies elsewhere, rather than a deliberate attempt to display and shock.

Love,

Caz
X