Fosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fosters

Note the date. I never noticed this before.

I've never drunk a can of Fosters, and i'm yet to see any Australian drink a can of Fosters - it's a myth, that connection.....but still, interesting date.

Cheers.
    Adam.

Comment

AW,String...

I don't know if either of you recall the great commercials that Fosters had back in the late 1980's....

"How to speak Australian" was the intro.

Here's a few from YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/results?sugge...rs%2C+playlist

or better yet :
      http://www.youtube.com/user/Rockstar.../0/lOvh4ShxtSE

The best one, in my opinion,was the one featuring a couple of Aussies in the outback inside a tent...sitting at a table....while a guy dressed up like Marcel Marceau performed some mime routine...pulling a flower out of a vase.
      The two Aussies, big fellows, get up off their chairs and approach him....while the narrator says...."Farewell Performance".

You had to see it...it was pretty funny.
      To Join JTR Forums :
      Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Well, at least there was a picture of some Kittens

Beer Australians really drink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl5xnTqOQqQ

Comment

Wow, I'd never noticed the date on a can of Foster's!
          It's a myth that it's the most popular beer in Oz, but it's one of the sponsors of the ASP World Tour (AKA the surfing World Championships), and a very popular brand among surfers. I love Foster's, and I'm astonished to discover it's indirectly linked to the Whitechapel murders too! :-)
          Best regards,
          Maria

Comment

Hi

Nige's makes Fosters here in little ol' Hartlepool, but I did not know that the Aussies don't drink it, but I will take Adam's word for it ;0)

Tracy
            If you're going to be two-faced at least make one of them pretty.

Comment

Hi

Sorry got it wrong - sort of, they produce the kegs for pubs not the cans. You can see why he loves his job

Tracy
              If you're going to be two-faced at least make one of them pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Ianson View Post
                Hi

Nige's makes Fosters here in little ol' Hartlepool, but I did not know that the Aussies don't drink it, but I will take Adam's word for it ;0)

Tracy
                Which reminds me of the wine Le Pliat d'Or. The advertising blurb stated "The French adore Le Pliat d'Or".

From what I have heard, they don't!

Comment

Originally posted by String View Post
                  Note the date. I never noticed this before.
                  Maybe that's what attracted Deeming down under??

Comment

According to Wikipedia, so it's probably wrong,

Foster's Group was founded in Melbourne in 1888 by two American brothers, William and Ralph Foster of New York, who happened to own a refrigeration plant, which was necessary to brew beer in Australia's hot climate.

Comment

My Grandfather brewed it in his Garage

Comment

This Fosters seems to be held in some low regard.

Sort of like Budweiser, once the most popular US beer, is with me. I don't know anyone who drinks it.

That stuff used to give me a bad headache after two swigs...
                        To Join JTR Forums :
                        Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

It's not particulary bad. Draft is much better. Nice very cold on a warm day. I don't normally buy it but it was on offer in Tescos. I got some nice German wheat beer a few weeks ago in lidls again on offer. Seeing a connection here?

Comment

Originally posted by How Brown View Post
                            This Fosters seems to be held in some low regard.
                            Sort of like Budweiser, once the most popular US beer, is with me. I don't know anyone who drinks it.
                            That stuff used to give me a bad headache after two swigs...
                            Foster's is much more sour and “lemony“ than Bud. I really love Foster's, Bintam (Indonesian beer), Tahitian beer, Corona with lime. Possibly cuz they remind me of surfing, but I love the way they taste too, especially very cold on a warm evening, after a surf.
                            Despite living in Germany most of the year, I can't stand German beer and prefer Bud and Amstel! No joke. And I like my beer from the bottle, the American way. Can't stand it in a glass.
                            I also like the Irish brands, Guinness, Kilkenny, etc., but not when it's warm outside.
                            Best regards,
                            Maria

Comment

I am reminded of the Python quip... beer comparable to making love in a canoe..

"...ing close to water"

kindly

Phil
                              from 1905...to 19.05..it was written in the stars

Comment

Working...
                              X