Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howard Brown
    replied
    Here's a special birthday present to the man who HAD the first birthday in history, Sir Tel Of Walkabout,Australia.

History of Oz up until 1888...

http://books.google.com/books?id=ZQh...ver&dq=1888&lr=

Leave a comment:

• tel
    replied
    Sir Les? He's my hero mate, one day I wanna be just like 'im. Well, almost .....

Leave a comment:

• Robert Linford
    replied
    Tel, how do you feel about Sir Les Patterson? Do you feel that he's an insult? I like him, myself.

Leave a comment:

• tel
    replied
    The classic larrikin

http://ghostwolf.dyndns.org/words/au...ptainpush.html

Leave a comment:

• Howard Brown
    replied
    Larrikins

Larrikins
    Aberdeen (SD) Daily News
    May 5,1899
    Page 1
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    There's a place in Victoria called Pakenham, and apparently a neighbouring town called Pakenham Upper.
    Tsk!

Leave a comment:

• admin tim
    replied
    Greeting From Yass, Australia

Leave a comment:

• Magpie
    replied
    Nice one!

Leave a comment:

• admin tim
    replied

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Gun Ownership!

They have!

Regards,

Eileen

Leave a comment:

• admin tim
    replied
    They Still Breed Real Giants....

http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/...dded-Tooth.php

Leave a comment:

• Adam Went
    replied
    Much sadness among all Australian rock music fans at the moment after the legendary Billy Thorpe passed away yesterday.

He was of course the frontman of The Aztecs, a genuine pioneer of the rock music industry and had a career which spanned over 40 years - very sad that he died at the age of just 60.

He certainly devoted his life to 'loud and proud' rock music, and it's great to hear that there'll be a memorial concert held in his honour this weekend - among the people who want to be there to pay tribute will be Mick Fleetwood, the drummer from Fleetwood Mac, who apparently once toured with Billy.

R.I.P. Billy.

Cheers,
    Adam.

Leave a comment:

• Howard Brown
    replied
    Dan and Adam:

Actually,I think some of these bands might detect how awful much of the music is on the radio today. I ain't as interested in music as I used to be,but when I hear the sort of music they play,even on what has to be considered one of America's better radio stations,WXPN 88.5 FM, I'm glad I am not "new" to music.

Adam:

Coincidentally,I heard a Neil Finn song on that radio station recently ( Thursday ). He,of course,was in Crowded House.

Leave a comment:

• Adam Went
    replied
    Hey Vila,

You could well be onto something there. The good thing for these bands who are re-uniting after however many years though is that they still have a huge following - not just from middle aged people who were teenagers then, but also from younger people these days. I can vouch for that - one of the more popular bands among people my age is an Australian band (some say they're Kiwis, but....) called Crowded House. They haven't performed together for a long time, but a lot of people are very pumped with the recent news that Crowded House are also re-uniting - without the original drummer though, Paul Hester, who tragically committed suicide a couple of years ago.
    Have you (or anyone else) heard of them? They had a lot of big hits in the late 80's to early 90's - particularly with songs like Don't Dream It's Over, Something So Strong, Better Be Home Soon, It's Only Natural, Weather With You, etc. Not personally a big fan, but they're a good band.

Cheers,
    Adam.

P.S. Just spotted on Wikipedia that Don't Dream It's Over hit #2 on the US charts in 1986...that's damn tough for any foreign band to do!! Must have been a bit popular over there....

Leave a comment:

• Vila
    replied
    Adam,

The cynic in me wants to think that maybe these '80s bands that are re-uniting have just finished lawsuits against their former record companies to regain control of the rights to the money that they were supposed to have earned back when they were big. And then they discovered that the lawyers ate it all, so they're still broke!

Vila

Leave a comment:

Working...
X