**Recent Outages February 2016**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **Recent Outages February 2016**

I apologize for the recent and frequent mini-downtimes we've experienced.

In a perfect world, they wouldn't occur...

It bugs me twice as much as anyone...and again, I apologize.
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact [email protected]

I'm just glad you commented on this. I am breaking in a new laptop that I don't like that much and I didn't know if it was my poor skills or otherwise. I rely on bookmarks a lot and was worried that system was messed up. It is a relief to know it is in the bigger system.
    The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
      I apologize for the recent and frequent mini-downtimes we've experienced.

In a perfect world, they wouldn't occur...

It bugs me twice as much as anyone...and again, I apologize.
      Keep up the good work, Howard. Maybe the iffy weather has had an effect?

Just a thought.

Chris
      Christopher T. George, Lyricist & Co-Author, "Jack the Musical"
      https://www.facebook.com/JackTheMusical/ Hear sample song at https://tinyurl.com/y8h4envx.

Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conferences, April 2016 and 2018.
      Hear RipperCon 2016 & 2018 talks at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/.

Comment

Not sure, CG...all I know is that it seems to affect us once a day for a few minutes.
        To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

February 25, 2016

The straight dope straight from the horse's mouth :

I contacted their technician who told me that there was nothing wrong...there hasn't been anything which malfunctioned...and that they were running maintainence on their server in order to keep it running smoothly.

I'd rather have this than a company that doesn't know why we're 'down' every day around the same time. They are a good firm.

So...all is well.
          To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

This is usually between 8:00-10:30 USA/14:00-15:30 UK time so outside of peak times. As How said, better some scheduled downtime than data loss.
            Jon

"It is far more comfortable to point a finger and declare someone a devil, than to call upon your imagination to try to understand their world."

http://www.jlrees.co.uk

Comment

I'm fine with the outages since I know it's not my problem. Without the knowledge I worry about my own system and poor computer skills. All it amounts to is I make a selection on bookmarks, get a notice the site doesn't exist, I go away and come back a short time later and it's usually there.

This site is still one of the easiest for me to use and I appreciate that very much.
              The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

Anna:
                Even though it is, as has been said, usually back on shortly....it aggravates me, not because people will 'give up' on the site, but because people interested in joining the site might think its a dead link or defunct...and because someone might have an idea they want to post in a hurry but get discouraged and lose interest in their idea.
                To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

In instances such as this the Facebook page is a godsend. On other forums I am a member of when they are temporarily out of action its great to find out whats going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
                    Anna:
                    Even though it is, as has been said, usually back on shortly....it aggravates me, not because people will 'give up' on the site, but because people interested in joining the site might think its a dead link or defunct...and because someone might have an idea they want to post in a hurry but get discouraged and lose interest in their idea.
                    It only really bothered me the once when I had just written a very long PM to someone but while I was busy writing it, the site had gone down and I lost the PM and had to go back and re-write it all again at a later date, remembering all the stuff I'd covered in the first!

Comment

It bothered me once when I was just about to read one of How's captions. The site went down and, even worse, when it came back the caption was still there.

Comment

Message from a senior Ripperplogist

I've just realised who Jack the Ripper was - it was...

Comment

Now, where was I before the outage?

Oh yes, I remember. .. you could take your bird to the pictures, buy fish and chips and ten Woodbines and still have enough change out of a ten bob note for your bus fare home.

Comment

LINFORD : Mayday, mayday, mayday! I am in the Indian Ocean and I'm sinking fast. I have just discovered the identity of Jack the Ripper. Quick, write it down.

HOW : Go ahead, buddy.

LINFORD : Jack the Ripper was -

HOW : Hang on, my pencil's broken....

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
                              LINFORD : Mayday, mayday, mayday! I am in the Indian Ocean and I'm sinking fast. I have just discovered the identity of Jack the Ripper. Quick, write it down.

HOW : Go ahead, buddy.

LINFORD : Jack the Ripper was -

HOW : Hang on, my pencil's broken....
                              Linford : Try not to knead so vigorously.

Comment

Working...
                              X