Casebook Hacked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Casebook Hacked

hi wasn't sure where to post this. just tried to get in CB and hacked window keeps popping up. cant get in. Does anyone know if this is a casebook wide thing or just me?

I sent CB admin an email alerting them of this.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO OPEN ANYTHING BY CLICKING ON THAT PAGE !!!!!!
    -HB-

No, it's me too. Ethereal voices and this :
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
      No, it's me too. Ethereal voices and this :
      thanks for the quick reply Robert! yes that's the window I get too. Don't click or try to open anything on that window!!

Comment

"We only differ in the sins we choose"...is English for the line on that page that says "

kita hanya berbeda dalam memilih dosa, which is Indonesian in origin.

This is truly fucked up.
        To Join JTR Forums :
        Contact [email protected]

Comment

You can get to sub-pages, but if you click on anything you get the same message.

Comment

Nina found an article concerning the hacker from June.

https://cyberthreat.id/read/802/Mr-C...modal-HP-China
            To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

I've emailed Spry and Ally.

JM

Comment

I've changed my password here, and advise others who use the same username on both sites to do likewise.
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
                (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

I heard the choir and I thought I was going.

Cpl Jones

Comment

I'm backing the site up ( I do this every week anyway) now.

I was considering ( probably just a little panic) making this a Members View site only....that meaning, I would put all Forums in the member's Only section.

Nina believes that that would be too radical of a move.

Our policy of registering through contacting me only will, obviously, be maintained.
                    To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

They’re dealing with it and will restore from a backup.

More recent posts will be lost.

JM

Comment

Thank God they backed it up....thanks for the update JM.

Might be a coincidence and totally unrelated to this potentially disastrous episode, but 80 of the last 100 emails I've received on our site's email service have been from Asia ( China, Korea,and Indonesia) and look professionally made.
                        To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Here's a translation of the Mr Cakil article. It fair makes your heart bleed.

Jakarta, Cyberthreat.id - Just call him Mr. Cakil.

Until June 30, 2018, he was nobody. He is only a young child aged 18 years. Everyday he sells porridge to help his uncle in the Kramat Jati area, East Jakarta.

The school dropped out in the middle of the road. He was only able to survive in the first grade level of junior high school. However, after the Criminal Investigation Police mentioned his arrest (30 June) three days later, 3 July and a press conference on 6 July, almost all media, both print, television / radio, and online, reported his name.

A number of media have the same tone of news: Mr. Cakil, the hacker of the Bawaslu website was arrested.

Since then, he was famous. His name resonated with social media into public conversation. His real name is revealed: Dendy Syaiman.

All he was doing was changing the appearance of the website address https://inforapat.bawaslu.go.id owned by Bawaslu.

He added cartoon illustrations and writings: "In the past, corruption was a shame. Now it is an opportunity to be aspired to."

Adji, Chairperson of Anon Cyber ​​Team (ACT), a community that consists of bug hunters, said that in fact Mr. Cakil, his friend at ACT did not intend to exploit the Bawaslu website. Cakil, he said, had reported the findings of a security hole (bug) on ​​the site to Bawaslu, but it was not responded well.

Mr. Cakil is impatient, said Mr. Tenwap - usually called by his colleagues at ACT - was carried away by emotions and chose to "work on" Bawaslu.

"They did not respond to my report and the site was not fixed either. Maybe they think I'm lying, yes I'm upset myself, I bobollah the server to prove that I'm not lying, "said Mr. Cakil to Cyberthreat.id some time ago.

The wrong decision, apparently, is not the end. Despite being a suspect and finally officially sentenced to two years and a month, Mr. Cakil actually got a windfall from his act.

The day after the press conference, Kumparan.com, an online media based in Jakarta, published a number of articles about Mr. Cakil. The reporter traces Mr. Cakil up to his house.

Related news:

Repentance Path Anon Cyber ​​Team from the World of Blackhat

According to Isman (25), his younger brother just impressed the police. "There the commander said to me, he said: your brother is very good, I am educating, yes. He managed to solve some of the problems that had been made by the police he said, "said Isman, when met at his residence, Cibuntu Village, Cibitung, Bekasi, West Java.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
                            Thank God they backed it up....thanks for the update JM.

Might be a coincidence and totally unrelated to this potentially disastrous episode, but 80 of the last 100 emails I've received on our site's email service have been from Asia ( China, Korea,and Indonesia) and look professionally made.
                            This particular attack wasn’t specifically targeting Casebook.
                            Several other websites were also infected.
                            Scary stuff, though.
                            JM

Comment

"The school dropped out in the middle of the road..."

Isn't that a line from a Wild Man Fischer song ?

Thanks for the translation, Simon.
                              To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Working...
                              X