No announcement yet.

Hallie Rubenhold on her Battle with the Ripperologists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding “Just Prostitutes”, she herself said it back in June of 2016 in an interview promoting her book ‘The French Lesson’.

“We have never questioned the orthodoxy of the statement: Jack the Ripper killed prostitutes. They were only prostitutes. Hang on! Everything about that statement is so wrong. They were not “just” prostitutes. There was only one career prostitute and she was from a high-class brothel. One of the women was an immigrant from Sweden. How did these women get to Whitechapel? None of them were born there. Does “being a prostitute” mean they have to have their lives exterminated?”

JM

Comment

• Originally posted by JMenges View Post
      Regarding “Just Prostitutes”, she herself said it back in June of 2016 in an interview promoting her book ‘The French Lesson’.

“We have never questioned the orthodoxy of the statement: Jack the Ripper killed prostitutes. They were only prostitutes. Hang on! Everything about that statement is so wrong. They were not “just” prostitutes. There was only one career prostitute and she was from a high-class brothel. One of the women was an immigrant from Sweden. How did these women get to Whitechapel? None of them were born there. Does “being a prostitute” mean they have to have their lives exterminated?”

JM
      Ah, so she’s quoting herself. Fair enough.🥴

Comment

• And there’s that MJK ‘high class’ spin again. She’d most recently been working the Ratcliffe Highway.

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVDnGpIscbM

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAY_o36paQ0

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
              Hi Paul,

Yes, I saw your and Drew’ comments. One of Hallie’s moans in the blog is that she was accused of redacting a document. That gives the impression that no such thing was done, but as both you and Drew pointed out, it was. Unless the omission of ‘more’ and ‘by them’ doesn’t count as redaction.

I just thought it ironic that some papers chose not to label Polly as an unfortunate, even though the source was her pals at Thrawl Street and not just a journalistic assumption.

I think her presentation of that press report is the only evidence she provides in support of her claim.

It should be pretty easy to check if all other female victims attacked while they were alone at night were automatically assumed to be unfortunates. I suspect not. Malvina Haynes for example.
              You made a very good point, Gary.

Comment

• I asked before but no one responded except Dave White.....if you can access the two episodes of Murder Maps ( Season 5, Episodes 1 & 2 ), please let me know.

Until then...an excerpt from one of the two programs.

Murder Maps extract....Jack The Ripper

https://vimeo.com/391656465

For all you deluded people living in your parent's basement like I do....Rubenhold is in it.
                To Join JTR Forums :
                Contact [email protected]

Comment

• What's Rubenhold doing in people's basements?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
                    What's Rubenhold doing in people's basements?
                    It was a best cellar.
                    SPERO IN DEO

Comment

• Bravo!

Comment

• Too cryptic for me.

Comment

• 'Solved' by a woman ?

To Join JTR Forums :
                          Contact [email protected]

Comment

• She doesn’t sound particularly angry or jealous. I think she’s probably just issuing a timely reminder that there was something on the subject before the fanfare for HR’s next money-spinner begins.

I don’t know the story, but if the women’s suspicions were what ultimately brought Crippen to justice, then ‘solved’ is not inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
                              She doesn’t sound particularly angry or jealous. I think she’s probably just issuing a timely reminder that there was something on the subject before the fanfare for HR’s next money-spinner begins.

I don’t know the story, but if the women’s suspicions were what ultimately brought Crippen to justice, then ‘solved’ is not inappropriate.
                              FR seems to be just quite rightly pointing out that she had already researched and mentioned the role of Cora's female friends in discovering she was not missing but had been murdered, in response to The Telegraph claiming new research (by HR) discovered this.

Comment

• It's interesting that Fern Riddell was involved in a spat last year about the use of the title "Dr." Apparently what she originally objected to was a decision by a Canadian newspaper to apply the title only to doctors of medicine. But the online controversy then developed into one over sexism and how people referred to women with Ph.D.s:
                                https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44496876

Comment

Working...
                                X