This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gary:

Not all of the attachments are in Photobucket. Not all of the attachments were placed by me.
    Some of the attachments ( in the last two years) are hosted by Imgur.
    If someone was going to take the site over and handle the Photobucket attachments, there'd be no need to worry about the Imgur-based photos because the account is free.
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
      Gary:

Not all of the attachments are in Photobucket. Not all of the attachments were placed by me.
      Some of the attachments ( in the last two years) are hosted by Imgur.
      If someone was going to take the site over and handle the Photobucket attachments, there'd be no need to worry about the Imgur-based photos because the account is free.
      Ah, thanks, How.

Comment

I've just seen this. It would be utterly devastating if this site was to be lost. So much has been put into by How, Nina, many researchers and members.
        Wouldn't charging members a small annual subscription keep the site going? I'm sure members would be only too pleased to support it. Nothing is free in this world, and if it is, someone is paying for it somewhere.
        Just a suggestion. Regards, Amanda

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Lloyd View Post
          I've just seen this. It would be utterly devastating if this site was to be lost. So much has been put into by How, Nina, many researchers and members.
          Wouldn't charging members a small annual subscription keep the site going? I'm sure members would be only too pleased to support it. Nothing is free in this world, and if it is, someone is paying for it somewhere.
          Just a suggestion. Regards, Amanda
          Thanks for your comments. I think any suggestions for the best way forward are very welcome, and nothing should be ruled out in the longer term.

Obviously it will be best if the site can continue to be freely available as an active discussion forum. At the moment we're trying to raise the money needed for the main hosting renewal in November, which would allow us to carry on as we are now for another year, so that we can discuss and look into options for the future. Currently people have offered a total of 650 out of the 760 dollars that will be needed in November, so a few more donations would solve the short-term funding problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Phillips View Post

Thanks for your comments. I think any suggestions for the best way forward are very welcome, and nothing should be ruled out in the longer term.

Obviously it will be best if the site can continue to be freely available as an active discussion forum. At the moment we're trying to raise the money needed for the main hosting renewal in November, which would allow us to carry on as we are now for another year, so that we can discuss and look into options for the future. Currently people have offered a total of 650 out of the 760 dollars that will be needed in November, so a few more donations would solve the short-term funding problem.
            Just confirming what I've read elsewhere - have we raised the money needed? What's the prognosis?

Comment

Originally posted by Allison Smith View Post

Just confirming what I've read elsewhere - have we raised the money needed? What's the prognosis?
              It seems we have, thanks to Chris’s efforts. So we’ll probably be able to keep things ticking over for at least the next year or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post

It seems we have, thanks to Chris’s efforts. So we’ll probably be able to keep things ticking over for at least the next year or so.
                Or rather, thanks to the generosity of those who have offered to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Phillips View Post

Or rather, thanks to the generosity of those who have offered to help.
                  That’s true. The Team - gawd bless ‘em!

Comment

Working...
                  X