X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
    At the lower right of the page

Been a really shitty week for me ( except for Banksy getting involved with Carrie Brown discussion here on these boards.....

Thought I had a bad stretch back in early September....caught, of all things, a yeast infection ( I knew that watching the Lifetime Channel would eventually affect me...) on my chest and having a scary 5 days with a infection behind my tongue the week before. Both are gone. The thing with the tongue scared the shit out of me. I used to be able to lick my eyebrows....now, after having the infection in the throat, my range is considerably shorter.

I had, and this ain't a joke, a bad dream on Sunday night. I got up, turned around and walked right into the wall. I fell and have what I believe is a fractured 9th rib. I have to go get an Xray....was too messed up to do anything else but moan and kvetch all week. On Sunday, a bird flew straight into our balcony's glass door.... it coldcocked the little guy. Nina said. "Uh-oh...something bad is gonna happen."
    I turned my head and rolled my eyes and sort of chuckled. She said, "You'll see...when am I ever wrong about these things ?"
    A few hours later, thanks to that frigging bird, I wind up with enough pain to have kept me home from work for a week.

Chris taking the reins makes things a lot better and I agree with Gary 100 percent. Whose hands are safer than CGP's ?

Tune in next week when my continuing series of weird accidents and bizarre ailments continues. Will I be diagnosed as pregnant ?
    Sad to hear of your misfortunes. But as they say, every cloud…

Your last comment has inspired me to think of a nickname if not a title for you: How Fargone.

(I hope you’re listening up there, Robert.)

Comment

Been a really shitty week for me ( except for Banksy getting involved with Carrie Brown discussion here on these boards.....

Thought I had a bad stretch back in early September....caught, of all things, a yeast infection ( I knew that watching the Lifetime Channel would eventually affect me...) on my chest and having a scary 5 days with a infection behind my tongue the week before. Both are gone. The thing with the tongue scared the shit out of me. I used to be able to lick my eyebrows....now, after having the infection in the throat, my range is considerably shorter.

I had, and this ain't a joke, a bad dream on Sunday night. I got up, turned around and walked right into the wall. I fell and have what I believe is a fractured 9th rib. I have to go get an Xray....was too messed up to do anything else but moan and kvetch all week. On Sunday, a bird flew straight into our balcony's glass door.... it coldcocked the little guy. Nina said. "Uh-oh...something bad is gonna happen."
      I turned my head and rolled my eyes and sort of chuckled. She said, "You'll see...when am I ever wrong about these things ?"
      A few hours later, thanks to that frigging bird, I wind up with enough pain to have kept me home from work for a week.

Chris taking the reins makes things a lot better and I agree with Gary 100 percent. Whose hands are safer than CGP's ?

Tune in next week when my continuing series of weird accidents and bizarre ailments continues. Will I be diagnosed as pregnant ?
      Some might say that you must of done something bad in a previous life to have attracted so much recent bad luck How. Perhaps you should visit a hypnotist and find out where you were on 24th April 1891.
      Regards

Michael🔎

" When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable......is probably a little bit boring "

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about Howard's problems, and I hope he'll be feeling better very soon.

Thanks also for the flattering comments, but I really think the correct answers to the question "Whose hands are safer than CGP's ?" are (1) many people's, and more relevantly (2) the five pairs of hands of the people who have offered to help practically (not to forget the larger number who have made generous offers to help financially). I really think this has to be a collective effort, and I would feel much happier to be doing my bit on behalf of a collective body.

And although it's a kind gesture to bestow the copyright of the site on me, I really don't think it's appropriate. Morally - and I think also legally - the copyright of what's been written here remains with those who wrote it. So I'm sure the copyright notice should read "... the contributors". I can immediately think of a number of people here who have contributed more than I have!

Comment

LOL! Get well soon Howard

Comment

Chris:

I took care of it as you suggested.....

Thank you Abby....

Mike, I was up the street at the Glenmore Hotel...biting Mary Ann Lopez, but not on her arm.

Just came back from getting an x-ray ( obviously should have done that on Monday).
            To Join JTR Forums :
            Contact [email protected]

Comment

To illustrate the benefit of supporting the Forums ( the new crew coming in, not me)....where you can take advantage of our pretty impressive newspaper section....take a look at what this thief is charging for copies of newspapers that you can get here, again for free,

https://www.historic-newspapers.com/...er-collection/
              Title Dates Quantity Total Cost
              Times September 1888 & 10 September 1888 * Note 1 2 $300.00
              Times 1,3,4,11,12,13,14,15 September 1888 8 $600.00
              Times 17,18,19,20,24,26,27, 28 September 1888 8 $600.00
              Times 2,3,4,5,6,8,9,10,11,12,13,15 October 1888 12 $900.00
              Times 16,18,19,30, 22,23,24,25,26,29,30 October 1888 11 $825.00
              Times 2,14,15,16,22,23 November 1888 6 $450.00
              Times July-December 1888 98 approx $490.00
              Glasgow Herald 10 September, 1 October & 10 November 1888 3 $450.00
              Glasgow Herald 1,3,4,11,12,13,14,15 September 1888 8 $600.00
              Glasgow Herald 17,18,19,20,24,27,28 September 1888 7 $525.00
              Glasgow Herald 2,3,4,5,6,8,10,12,13,15 October 1888 10 $750.00
              Glasgow Herald 12,13 November 1888 2 $150.00
              Glasgow Herald July-December 1888 127 approx $635.00
              North British Daily Mail * Note 2 10 September & 1 October 1888 2 $635.00
              North British Daily Mail 1,3,4,11,12,13,14,15 September 1888 8 $600.00
              North British Daily Mail 17,18,19,20,24,27,28 September 1888 7 $525.00
              North British Daily Mail 2,3,4,5,6,8,9,10,12 October 1888 9 $675.00
              North British Daily Mail 19,20,22 October 1888 3 $225.00
              North British Daily Mail 12,13,14,15,16 November 1888 5 $375.00
              North British Daily Mail July-December 1888 123 approx $615.00
              Total $10,925.00
              Offer Price $2,500
              To Join JTR Forums :
              Contact [email protected]

Comment

Working...
              X