Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howard Brown
    replied
    I accidentally deleted the messages people sent privately. My goof.

Leave a comment:

• Chris Phillips
    replied
    This is certainly sad news. The site has been a tremendously useful resource over the years and all credit is due to Howard for all the time, money and effort that he has put into it.

Looking to the future, I wonder whether there is scope for a kind of committee to share the work of keeping the site going? Perhaps Howard can give us an idea of the commitment that would be involved in different areas.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Barnett
    replied
    Yes, very sad, How.

I would like to personally thank you for your efforts over the years - for the time and money you’ve spent on the project and for your guidance and encouragement. You have made the Forums a very welcoming place.

Like Debs, I would hate to see the archives lost to researchers, there’s an enormous amount of material on here that can be found nowhere else. I wonder, if no-one can be found to run the site fully, whether a read only version could be maintained somehow.

I wish you and Nina well in whatever future endeavours you undertake.

Gary

Leave a comment:

• Paul
    replied
    Does the site backup save the archive? Very, very sad news indeed.

Leave a comment:

• Debra Arif
    replied
    Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
    On November 26th of this year, the yearly renewal for the Forums will be due. We won't be renewing the site.

If anyone is interested in taking the reins of the site prior to that date, let me know. I will bend over backwards to assist anyone in the transfer.

I apologize to the stalwarts who have contributed to the boards going back to 2005. It's simply time for me to move on.

I will make a complete website backup ( as I have been doing every day since the Battle of Hastings) of the site and will happily make a copy of the contents ( on a flash drive/thumb drive) for the person who wishes to take control of the boards.

November 26th is three months from now.

Howard Brown

Sad news, How but I completely understand. I wish I had the money and know how to take it over, just to save the archives.

Leave a comment:

• Howard Brown
    started a topic The Site : To Close By November 26th ?

The Site : To Close By November 26th ?

On November 26th of this year, the yearly renewal for the Forums will be due. We won't be renewing the site.

If anyone is interested in taking the reins of the site prior to that date, let me know. I will bend over backwards to assist anyone in the transfer.

I apologize to the stalwarts who have contributed to the boards going back to 2005. It's simply time for me to move on.

I will make a complete website backup ( as I have been doing every day since the Battle of Hastings) of the site and will happily make a copy of the contents ( on a flash drive/thumb drive) for the person who wishes to take control of the boards.

November 26th is three months from now.

Howard Brown

Working...
X