X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All seems to be working fine. A job well done 👍

Comment

I’ll try again with the smiley

No luck. It’s not important Chris but I thought I’d mention it. Amanda’s appear to be working. Maybe it’s something to do with me using an iPad?
      Regards

Michael🔎

" When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable......is probably a little bit boring "

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Banks View Post
        I’ll try again with the smiley

No luck. It’s not important Chris but I thought I’d mention it. Amanda’s appear to be working. Maybe it’s something to do with me using an iPad?
        Just testing to see if I can use a smily.

(Edit: No, I can't. Also, when previewing a post, I am seeing a white rectangle instead of the post button. And also a different font from the one I'm used to.

I'll have a look into it.)

Comment

There are links to smilies in the posts, but the images seem to be missing. The same thing for old posts. I hope that can easily be fixed by vBulletin.

Amanda used a special character rather than a smily:
          👍

Comment

Cheers Chris, I’ll try the same👍

Edit: my own characters work
            Regards

Michael🔎

" When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable......is probably a little bit boring "

Comment

I'm checking everything now. Testicles, spectacles, wallet and watch. . .
              Christopher T. George, Lyricist & Co-Author, "Jack the Musical"
              https://www.facebook.com/JackTheMusical/ Hear sample song at https://tinyurl.com/y8h4envx.

Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conferences, April 2016 and 2018.
              Hear RipperCon 2016 & 2018 talks at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/.

Comment

Cheers Chris, I’ll try the same👍

Edit: my own characters work
                I've let vBulletin know about the problem of the disappearing smilies, but no response yet. :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Phillips View Post

I've let vBulletin know about the problem of the disappearing smilies, but no response yet. :-(
                  Cheers Chris

Looks like the problem is fixed.
                  Regards

Michael🔎

Comment

Cheers Chris

Looks like the problem is fixed.
                    Yes, the person at vBulletin got back to me today and has fixed the problem.

Comment

Thanks to Steve Blomer for volunteering to become a moderator on the site!

Thankfully the moderators have little to do at the moment. Long may that continue ...

Comment

Is there a donate button?

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Walton View Post
                          Is there a donate button?
                          Thanks for asking, but we have received enough donations for the initial stage of the new hosting. That will last until June next year. So people will have a further chance to contribute then. I have kept a note of all the people who kindly offered to help this time, so I can get back in touch with people individually then.

Comment

Later today I will point the jtrforums.com domain name to the new web hosting account.The forums themselves have already moved to the vBulletin cloud hosting, but this will be a change of the web servers that direct visitors to the cloud hosting. We are moving to a different hosting company (InMotion) from the present one (Bluehost). In the future, the new account will also be able to host other material such as a static archive of the discussions, and images that are currently hosted by third parties.

I hope there won't be any interruption of the functioning of the site as a result of this, but it's possible people may see a security warning for a short time. If anyone does see this, please could they let us know at jtrfcommittee at gmail dot com ?

Comment

Later today I will point the jtrforums.com domain name to the new web hosting account.The forums themselves have already moved to the vBulletin cloud hosting, but this will be a change of the web servers that direct visitors to the cloud hosting. We are moving to a different hosting company (InMotion) from the present one (Bluehost). In the future, the new account will also be able to host other material such as a static archive of the discussions, and images that are currently hosted by third parties.

I hope there won't be any interruption of the functioning of the site as a result of this, but it's possible people may see a security warning for a short time. If anyone does see this, please could they let us know at jtrfcommittee at gmail dot com ?
                              If any unexpected problems do arise, again information will be provided here:
                              https://www.hanged-for-the-word-if.o...migration.html

Comment

I did this about an hour ago, and I believe I've been going through the new hosting for some time. The new SSL certificates have been generated, so I hope things are working as they should be.

Comment

Working...
                                X