A timely thanks to How Brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A timely thanks to How Brown

I don't think it is said often enough how much we owe to How Brown for the incredible work he does on this site.
    Just to say How that you are very much valued as a researcher, for the amazing stuff you post and as a friend
    Chris S

Thanks a lot, Querido Jefe.
    The feeling is mutual.
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Scott View Post
      I don't think it is said often enough how much we owe to How Brown for the incredible work he does on this site.
      Just to say How that you are very much valued as a researcher, for the amazing stuff you post and as a friend
      Chris S
      Note how the "captions" are not mentioned.

Comment

Yes indeed, I echo Chris's remarks.

I can overlook the captions.....just.

Comment

Hi

I echo Chris's sentiments also - Thanks How

Tracy
          If you're going to be two-faced at least make one of them pretty.

Comment

Howard must know we think he is pure gold, we keep coming back, even with the captions.........
            Seriously, hats off to How, it is lovely to see an accolade for him and his research! I love him to bits (but don't tell him I said that!) x

Comment

Well, it's not like he has a life or any friends, and he's too cheap to pay for cable. What else is he gonna do?

I do all the work in here, except converting images to Photobucket, and he does that only because he's too cheap to spring for more bandwidth. Me, I ain't had a raise since we first opened this place in 2005.

Just to say How that you are very much valued as a researcher
              Howard first got into ripperology because of its intimate association with prostitution. Once he heard the word 'prostitute', he kind of quit listening and he didn't realize at first that he was involving himself with events well over 100 years old. People erroneously praise his "researching" abilities when the truth is that he finds all of this stuff coincidentally while looking for the dirty pictures that he knows must be out there - somewhere - in all of this material.

For all that, though, Howard is a good enough guy. Look at the captions he inspires - you think Stephen Ryder is gonna inspire anybody like that?? And I guess I really shouldn't complain too vociferously - his captions also recently inspired a 45,000 word article of mine in Ripperologist Magazine.

So here's to Howard:

Comment

Howard and the staff here at JTR Forums - so yes, you too Tim - don't get the recognition they deserve. I know I wouldn't be involved in the case at all today if it wasn't for the support I received from particularly Howard very, very early on. And that's continued throughout, despite how busy he is.

So, three cheers for How and the JTR Forums staff!

Cheers,
                Adam.

Comment

Thank you very much AW...I really appreciate the kind remarks.
                  So much so...that if I ever get up off of my wallet, you'll get the raise Tim has been begging for.
                  To Join JTR Forums :
                  Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

This site continually provides information as well as discussion...with a bit of levity thrown in for good measure. Thanks How, Tim and everyone who contributes to keeping it successful.

Tim should get an award for his series of articles on his favorite subject... the distribution of crap...this was a fine piece of historical journalism.
                    Best Wishes,
                    Cris Malone

Comment

I salute you sir! How, that is.

Comment

You are amazing!

Comment

Working...
                        X