No announcement yet.

Happy Birthday Phil Carter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps I ought to point out to the readership that Phil Carter is the nicest man anyone could wish to meet. You may think that his ideas are faintly crackers, or a little off-beam, or, as I do, enough, really, to have the fellow sent to Colney Hatch, but he's a jolly nice chap. You may disapprove of his choice of football team, and you may suspect that he's living out weird Cold-War-era Nordic survivalist fantasies in the Scandinavian wilderness, but he's really a nice fellow. This was my conference discovery, so I thought I'd share it here. It is his birthday, after all.
    I bet your Ripper feels better now.

Comment

flattery will

There are compliments... and then there are compliments! Thank you Mark.. I am embarrassed now!

Mark isn't a bad chap either.. nice sense of humour... considering he isn't a Chelsea supporter...

another pint Mark?

best wishes

Phil
      from 1905...to 19.05..it was written in the stars

Comment

Happy birthday Phil!... a fellow evil mind
        Have a great one. x

Comment

Thanks Debs ;-)

Evility is the spice of life..lol

best wishes

Phil

Comment

Hope you had an excellent birthday, Phil.

Sorry I missed you at the conference. Perhaps the next one.

Cheers.

Robert

Comment

Hello RJ,

Indeed, a very quiet one, here at home with the pc as company..and a good many well wishers too! Thank you.

The first tipple is on me at the next conference!

best wishes

Phil

Comment

Happy Birthday!

Comment

Thank you Joan, most kind of you.

May I take this opportunity to repeat my thanks to all for the birthday wishes I received. Having 'flu kept me indoors, and in between bouts of coughing, sneezing, sleeping, chicken soup, hot baths, watching Europe regain the Ryder Cup etc, the pc was my nearest and dearest companion yesterday.

my best wishes

Phil

Comment

Bump.

I aim to keep this thread going all the way to Phil's next birthday.

Comment

Sorry Phil I've been working till late but happy Birthday.

How do you celebrate in Norway. Is it all wine women and song?

Jeff

Comment

Robert Linford you are a funny man, knowing full well that I will respond... sad to hear of our great comedian, Sir Norman Wisdom, 95, passing on 4th October though...

Jeff, Wine women and song.. let me see now...

Walk into a pub... order a bottle of wine...£25-30.
                        Share said wine with women.. order another couple of bottles...
                        Start singing...not with my voice!

So thats £75 before we get on to the taxi home.. £30 (Taxi's are expensive at night in Norway..I live about 1.2miles from town...)

Nope.. this year I opened the window and in-flu-enza.

cheers!

Phil

PS It's £9 a pint and £10 for a vodka and coke etc.

Celebrate birthdays? hahahahaha!

Comment

Phil, yes, a shame about Norman Wisdom. But I think a fitting funeral, and one of which he might have approved, would be if the brakes on the hearse were to fail while going down a hill, the coffin shoots out of the hearse and knocks the assembled mourners into the empty grave. Meanwhile a man mowing the cemetery grass is so distracted at this that he loses control of his machine and ends up doing 100 mph along the nearest motorway while in charge of a lawn mower - after mowing the vicar's head bald, of course.

Comment

I must admit, Norman seldom managed to hit my funny bone. But I remember A Stitch in Time fondly, as a schoolmate, Lucy Appleby, played the little girl in hospital who couldn't crack a smile - until Norman's daft antics finally had her in stitches.

I had never heard the name Appleby before Lucy arrived at my primary school, so I pronounced it "A-plebby" and felt very silly when I was corrected.

Love,

Caz
                            X
                            I wish I were two puppies then I could play together - Storm Petersen

Comment

Working...
                            X