Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fourth Of July 2018

Happy 4th of July folks ! # 242

Hopefully, the godawful humidity which has been socking it to the East will go disappear by tomorrow....
    Attached Files
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact [email protected]

Congratulations to the Americans on their independence. We hope to get ours soon.

Comment

Let me know when you get your independence, Robert. That way I can teach you how to barbecue hotdogs and set off firecrackers without lighting your backyard on fire.

Yup, I will make you an old pro at these Independence Day ceremonies before you know it.

Comment

The barbecue sounds good, Joe, but I'm a bit old for fireworks or for Guys (a Guy is a figure wearing an old coat and a pair of shabby trousers packed with newspapers).

If How lived over here he'd have to go into hiding every November 5th.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
          The barbecue sounds good, Joe, but I'm a bit old for fireworks or for Guys (a Guy is a figure wearing an old coat and a pair of shabby trousers packed with newspapers).

Remember, remember, each fifth of November,
          That scrapple is edible, not.
          I see no reason why jellied eel treason
          Should ever be forgot.

Comment

No fawkin' way, big guy.
            To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Of course Robert, you cannot receive your independence without paying a price. After all, our American ancestors paid the price by spending a winter in Valley Forge.

In all fairness, next January you should travel up north to Berwick-upon-Tweed and pitch up a tent on the grass lawn there. Spend an entire night on the snowy ground, and that should be sufficient enough to earn your independence!! I will house-sit at your place while you're up there. Then when you get home, I will have a good hot bowl of Top Ramen waiting for you. Nothing but the best for our new independent man.

Comment

Of course Robert, you cannot receive your independence without paying a price. After all, our American ancestors paid the price by spending a winter in Valley Forge.

....and without shoes or scrapple. Lets see you get outta that jam, bucko.
                To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

same

Hello Howard. The same, I am sure.

Cheers.
                  LC

Comment

soon

Hello Robert. Hang in there. It won't be long now.

Cheers.
                    LC

Comment

Happy 4th of July, American friends!

Robert, you may soon have your European independence, but you'll never be free of us colonials, mwahahaha!

Cheers,
                      Adam.

Comment

Hi everyone. I guess no one knows what they would do when they are put to the test at the moment of truth. But I swear that I would eat scrapple if it would get us out of the EU.

Comment

I swear that I would eat scrapple if it would get us out of the EU.
                          That might be all we can afford to eat after we leave, in certain parts of the UK at least:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...outside-london
                          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
                          (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

I know, I know, Gareth. Osborne's punishment budget....Cameron's World War Three....everyone starving....I'm shaking in my shoes.

Comment

I know, I know, Gareth. Osborne's punishment budget....Cameron's World War Three....everyone starving....I'm shaking in my shoes.
                              Osborne's punishment budget morphed into the BoE pumping tens (hundreds?) of billions of pounds of our money into the economy to stabilise the pound, and it was Boris Johnson who referred to "World War Three", not Cameron.

I don't think anything was said about starving. There were predictions that the cost of living, including food, would rise after we left the European trading bloc, owing to us having to pay additional tariffs on imports, etc. Makes intuitive sense to me, but we'll have to see what happens.
                              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
                              (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

Working...
                              X