• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's One Small Step.....

50 years ago today....the Eagle landed

https://blog.newspapers.com/the-50th...-july-20-1969/

To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact [email protected]

I was just 6 so I barely remember it. I do remember the later mission with the moon buggy. A fantastic achievement but we need to go further.

Comment

I was 15 1/2, String.

My Dad worked as a technical writer ( Chrysler-Huntsville) on the Saturn V.

A week after the landing, he and thousands of others in Huntsville/Redstone Arsenal were out of work. Mission accomplished.
      To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

My grandfather was about 80, he lived with us and watched the moon landing on TV. As Mom noted at the time, he had grown up in the days of horse and wagon, no indoor plumbing and all the other hardships of old times but he lived long enough to see the moon landing on TV.
        The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

A unifying end to a divisive decade. Can't forget the deaths of White, Grissom and Chaffee in the process. All those brilliant minds, all that technology...and someone forgot that pure oxygen burns real fast.
          Best Wishes,
          Cris Malone

Comment

Amen, Cris.

All three astronauts had schools named for them in Huntsville following the 1967 catastrophe.
            To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Going into space is dangerous. That's why I avoid Twitter.

Comment

This is sad

https://www.theonion.com/real-buzz-a...ryi-1836538506

Comment

‘What could be more compelling than looking up in the night sky at our glowing neighbor, knowing your loved one has completed a journey accomplished by so few?’

Get buried on the moon! Well a gram of you.
                  https://www.celestis.com/experiences-pricing/luna/

Comment

Fantastic that Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins have lived long enough to see the anniversary as well, along with the Mars probes and everything else that advances in science and technology allow us to do these days. But there certainly was a dark side (no pun intended) to it as well which must never be forgotten.

Cheers,
                    Adam.

Comment

One small step for a man, but a giant leap for John Bercow.

Comment

Didn't Armstrong slightly mess it up, in an oxymoronic kind of way? "One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind".
                        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
                        (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

Yes. "You had one job."

Comment

Working...
                          X