Problem With Apostrophes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem With Apostrophes

I'm sorry for the issues with the posts where apostrophes and commas are materializing in strange ways.

1. May I suggest.....after making your post....and if the weird symbols appear....retype it and see if that helps.

2. I will try to correct the problem this weekend so no one has to refer to the previous suggestion.
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact [email protected]

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
    I'm sorry for the issues with the posts where apostrophes and commas are materializing in strange ways.

1. May I suggest.....after making your post....and if the weird symbols appear....retype it and see if that helps.

2. I will try to correct the problem this weekend so no one has to refer to the previous suggestion.
    Thanks, How, that*#%+?$?~}{s a very helpful suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
      Thanks, How, that*#%+?$?~}{s a very helpful suggestion.
      Only kidding. ;-)

Comment

For example:

I just posted a link to an East London Advertiser article. In the title, I had posted this :

Ragged Museum at Mile End is put on ?heritage at risk? register in danger of being lost

The ? marks were originally quotation marks ......

I went back and simply changed the title to :

Ragged Museum at Mile End is put on 'heritage at risk' register in danger of being lost

Takes a couple extra seconds to do it....but until I get the thing sorted out, that's how I'll approach this latest aggravation.
        To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Will try this, thanks How. xx

Comment

Debs:

I know it's a pain in the ass and I'm sorry that it's like this.
            To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

My computer skills are so rudimentary that I always hunt and peck for solutions. I'd never know if anything was wrong. (Looks like I don't have a problem with apostrophes. I live in a no service [cell phone] hole on the river if that helps.)
              The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

My apostrophes have all come out right first time, so I presume the difference is in the device used?

However, as I tend to check how my posts appear as a matter of course, I would have seen if an apostrophe had turned into a question mark, or anything else, and would have tried to edit the post accordingly. That might have solved my problem, but not Howie's.

Love,

Caz
                X
                I wish I were two puppies then I could play together - Storm Petersen

Comment

I'm having trouble with letters with diacritical marks. Test:

? a-acute
                  ? a-grave
                  ? e-acute
                  ? e-grave
                  ? c-cedilla
                  ? a-circumflex
                  ? o-circumflex
                  ? u-circumflex
                  ? a-umlaut
                  ? i-umlaut/diaresis