JTR Forums 16th Anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JTR Forums 16th Anniversary

Preoccupied with other things....I forgot to mention that the Forums turned Sweet Sixteen on the 19th.

Like others, I anticipate the same quality research the Forums has provided the planet for the last 16 years under the new management...an undertaking spearheaded by the person I have always considered one of the finest Ripperologists who ever lived, Chris Phillips.

Sixteen plus years ago, when the Forums was a very small cadre of people ( Usually me or Linford and Tim Mosley just putzing around),.,,,,,Tom Wescott, Tim, and myself were in a chat room we set up here....pretty late at night.

Tim asked Tom and myself who would be the first person we'd rely on or something of that nature in terms of research....and we both typed in CGP's name at the same time.

I'd still type in that same name.

Here's to many more years of The Forums.
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact [email protected]

Congratulations to ‘the Forums’ for turning 16!!!

While I’ve enjoyed participating on the excellent Casebook over the years, JTRF has always felt more like home, and one of the main reasons for that has been the character of its proprietor. I hope the envisaged changes aren’t going to mean that How will fade into the background any time soon. We have so much to be grateful to him for that it would be nice if he stuck around for a bit to receive his deserved plaudits. (Just for a decade or so.)

As for the future, it is said that ‘cometh the hour, cometh the man’ and CGP has certainly cometh up trumps in our hour of need. I’m sure there are many of us who wish him well in this endeavour and who will support him as best we can.

Gary

Comment

Hello Howard. Kudos!

Cheers.
      LC

Comment

Ditto to what Gary said. It's not just the discussion, which others have, but the ever expanding research that has added to an immense repository that is unmatched in this field.
        Best Wishes,
        Cris Malone

Comment

Yeah, but Dr. Chris Phillips (Ph.D. Mathematics) learned everything he knows from me.

Comment

Happy 16th to the forums! Jeez, I'd forgotten about the chat room. Now that is a while back....

Cheers,
            Adam.

Comment

Working...
            X