Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Hawley
    replied
    What an amazing photo of your mother, Joe! So precious.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• Robert Linford
    replied
    Lovely picture, Joe.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Chetcuti
    replied
    Thank you for posting that picture, Howard. You did a really good job.

That was taken 68 years ago, about four months before her wedding.

She doesn't really have a long thin white scar on her left cheek, heh heh. That was just a slight crease in the 68 year old picture.

Her obituary will be in tomorrow's San Francisco Chronicle.

Thank you for your kind words, Adam.

Joe

Leave a comment:

• Howard Brown
    replied
    Mrs. Chetcuti

Leave a comment:

• Adam Wood
    replied
    I'm very sorry to read your sad news, Joe.

I'm sure your mother took great strength and comfort having you with her.

My thoughts are with you and yours.

Adam

Leave a comment:

• Joe Chetcuti
    replied
    It was very heart-warming to read the encouraging messages from all you wonderful people. My family and I thank you so very much.

Howard, that is a nice offer. I have mailed you a photo of my mother taken in 1951, and when you receive it early next week you can feel free to post it on this thread.

Thank you once again everyone. Having the support of friends is a priceless gift.

Joe

Roger, my mother's front yard cactus garden knows in its heart that there has now been a change of ownership. And it's running scared, with good reason. That garden has been my main nemesis for over 40 years. But my sister-in-law is begging me, its new owner, to show it some mercy.

Leave a comment:

• Anna Morris
    replied
    I send my deepest sympathy.

Leave a comment:

• R. J. Palmer
    replied
    Joe, I already sent you a private message. I will only add that I hope I will be able to muster half the patience, good-humor, dignity, and grace you have shown during these past difficult months. She was a good woman, and there is nothing in this world better than that. Godspeed.

PS. be gentle with that cactus garden!

Leave a comment:

• Cogidubnus
    replied
    I'm sorry to hear about this Joe...I'm afraid I never knew the lady, but she sounds to have been a real character...

Best wishes

Dave

Leave a comment:

• Howard Brown
    replied
    Joe:

Our condolences to you on your loss.....

If there's any way you can ( if you want to ) post a photo of Mother Chetcuti, by all means do so. If you want me to have a hand in posting it. let me know.

How & Nina

Leave a comment:

• Debra Arif
    replied
    Sorry to hear this, Joe. Your mother sounds like she was a very special lady. Thinking of you.

Leave a comment:

• Sam Flynn
    replied
    A beautiful tribute to an evidently beautiful person. My thoughts are with you, Joe.

Leave a comment:

• Keith Skinner
    replied
    It's a tough call Joe but stay positive and remember what you gave to your mother rather than the other way round. I imagine it would have given her a deep sense of comfort to have had you with her right up until the end and from what I read great joy in sharing your friends, knowing, as Simon says, you would not be alone. My condolences - Keith.

Leave a comment:

• Simon Wood
    replied
    I had the immense pleasure of getting to know Josephine through Joe. Every time Joe and I corresponded I would send a big smooch to his mom, and it became something of a ritual. I especially treasure the Christmas card she sent to me.

Words are difficult at times like these.

I wish Joe all the strength he needs to cope with such a loss.

Please know that you are not alone.

Simon

Leave a comment:

• Michael Hawley
    replied
    My heart goes out to you, Joe. She was an amazing person. Many prayers.

Mike

Leave a comment:

Working...
X