Popeye's Louisiana Kitchen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popeye's Louisiana Kitchen

We finally got a Popeye's up here (that isn't in Toronto)

It was pretty funny because one night I was driving by after work and saw the open sign and thought I'd surprise the missus with some chicken and biscuits, so I went it and orders a small bucket, some biscuits, and some of the allegedly "cajun poitine" And the woman behind the counter takes my cash and proceeds to give me a with my order, plus a couple of servings of just about everything on the menu "to try", including 4 of the apple pies. I was confused as hell until I was leaving the store and saw that they were turning people and realized what was going on--I was the last customer of the day and they basically gave me everything that they would have otherwise have had to throw away. The wife and I literally didn't have to buy or make anything for supper for three days, and we still ended up having to toss some of the chicken away before it left under it's own steam.
    "The Men who were not the Man who was not Jack the Ripper!"

Now if we can just get Sonic and Golden Corral to expand northwards...

Comment

Popeye's biscuits are terrible.

Hard to believe, but KFC's biscuits are much better.

And liberally sprinklng something with red pepper does NOT make it 'cajun'. 'Hot' and 'spicy' do not necessarily mean the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by admin tim View Post
        Popeye's biscuits are terrible.

Hard to believe, but KFC's biscuits are much better.

And liberally sprinklng something with red pepper does NOT make it 'cajun'. 'Hot' and 'spicy' do not necessarily mean the same thing.
        Sadly, KFC does not offer biscuits up here. Yeah, I found a lot of Popeye's food just hot, instead of hot and flavourful

The cheesecake was passable, though

Comment

Working...
        X