An intriguing little puzzle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An intriguing little puzzle.

I know there are some smart people who will figure this out.
    Post the secret message and the solution for the awe and respect of your peers :
    "The Men who were not the Man who was not Jack the Ripper!"

I would say there is something about octopi. 8 + O + eye = octopi. Perhaps the girl is also named Maggie & mag + eye = magpie. But I am probably missing a lot more because the thing is quite intricate and I think it must mean a lot more than that.
    The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

That is a fascinating solution. Great lateral thinking.
      But almost totally incorrect.

Comment

Originally posted by Magpie View Post
        That is a fascinating solution. Great lateral thinking.
        But almost totally incorrect.
        I'm not surprised. There is more there than my puny deductions can account for. Yet the tentacles forming an O and a sideways 8 surely do indicate octopi.

Comment

I have a real interesting observation which is probably not the answer but it is worth pointing out. I approached the clues the same way I approach any mystery; get on the computer and start asking questions till something forms a pattern. What I found doesn't really account for all the graphics but it has something to do with the written clues.

"Samuel hides on Parson's Path". Alan Parsons, musician, has an albumn called "A Valid Path", with a song called "Return to Tunguska". The Tunguska blast leveled billions of trees in Russia at the turn of the last century.

Samuel B. Parsons, architect, is famous for importing the fungus that destroyed the American chestnut trees. Imported in 1904 in Japanese chestnuts, 50 years later the blight had killed about 4 billion American chestnut trees. It is one of the worst ecological disasters in North America. Before the blight, one of every four hardwood trees in the eastern U.S. was a chestnut tree.

The fungus kind of has tentacles that block the ability of the tree to absorb water and nutrients.

This bit of information ignores about two thirds of the graphic clues but I thought it was an interesting observation.
          Last edited by Anna Morris; October 5, 2016, 01:47 PM. Reason: correction

Comment

I will not be able to solve the puzzle because I don't understand the references. I've heard of Rossini's Thieving Magpie, but Banksy is an artist that I have no interest in. I wondered if Parson's path was an anagram of Samuel's surname. We have eye plus ball so maybe eyeball. And - er - that's it.

Comment

I can get close but not quite finish it off yet. Rossini's thief is the magpie in the picture. The little girl is Banksy's famous art of the little girl reaching for a heart shaped balloon.

So from The Magpie to the hand of the little girl, Samuel Hides on Parson's Path. Hides in Plain sight? Any of that close?

Or does Alan Parson's, Eye in the Sky, fit in here somewhere?

Comment

Is it the number 6? Magpie sits on two buttons adding to the right to Banksy's hand is a total of 6 buttons. The Octopus hides the number 6 in his tentacles. Didn't Conan name his Octopus Samuel?

Actually I see the numbers 6-9-6 in the Octopus so maybe I am wrong.

Comment

Buttons? I thought they were tennis balls.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
                    Buttons? I thought they were tennis balls.
                    Considering the overall topic of this Forum, perhaps we should consider those pastel drops to be cachous?

Comment

That's right, Anna. And the eye is masonic. Jack is the magpie stealing the organs, and on the left we see PC Seth 'Allo' Plod.

Comment

That's right, Anna. And the eye is masonic. Jack is the magpie stealing the organs, and on the left we see PC Seth 'Allo' Plod.
                        LOL!

And Banksy's child is a young Mary Kelly in Wales, pointing to EYErland as her point of origin.

Comment

No wonder she had The Fisherman's Widow on her wall - husband killed by giant octopus.

Comment

No wonder she had The Fisherman's Widow on her wall - husband killed by giant octopus.
                            Not to mention the hand in the puzzle reaching for the fruit colored drops. OBVIOUSLY this means HANDberry Street. Keep the EYE on Handberry St., the key to the mystery.

You do realise, Robert, we are hijacking a perfectly decent thread about a difficult puzzle to solve?

Comment

There's actually some pretty good insights, Jerry has eseential solved the first part of the riddle, and the eye, while not Masonic in this case is the traditional symbol for indicting the presence of a secret, in art..

The Alan Parsons info is a fascinating coincidence, but in order to save you from chasing wild gooseherrings, I will say that it's a different Parsons, and that Samuel and Parsons are different people

As two to the buttons/balls/cashews.....Let's just say that Samuel would be to tell you what they are, and Parsons would be able to tell you how to approach them

Comment

Working...
                              X