Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charles Booth’s London Poverty Maps (Book Review)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charles Booth’s London Poverty Maps (Book Review)

Charles Booth’s London Poverty Maps

https://www.lrb.co.uk/the-paper/v42/...tone-is-purple
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

A handsome looking book, but what I'd love to have is a full transcript of the notebooks. Does such a tome exist?
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
    (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
      A handsome looking book, but what I'd love to have is a full transcript of the notebooks. Does such a tome exist?
      Only about 40 of them (10%) have even been digitised. The originals are available at the LSE library.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
        Only about 40 of them (10%) have even been digitised. The originals are available at the LSE library.
        Indeed, Gary, I've often perused the digitised/scanned pages, but my ideal would be for someone to publish a printed transcript. Even an subset or anthology would be interesting.
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
        (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
          Indeed, Gary, I've often perused the digitised/scanned pages, but my ideal would be for someone to publish a printed transcript. Even an subset or anthology would be interesting.
          Indeed, Gareth. Its possible that dozens, if not hundreds, of them haven’t been opened since the 19th century. Who knows what treasures they contain.

I accessed a couple of the STGITE notebooks a little while back. The annoying thing was that they didn’t contain any names. But they did identify which houses were considered to be brothels at the time (June, 2887), which was very revealing.

Comment

Working...
          X