Murder of Ane Marie Pedersen 1909

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murder of Ane Marie Pedersen 1909

In a recent book on murder weapons in Denmark (Frederik Strand, En stump genstand, 2022), I came across the case of Ane Marie Pedersen, a former prostitute who was killed on 27th February 1909.
    She was 34 and rented a room to a 24-year old Finnish sailor named Karl Emil Leanderson Malm. On the 27th, he attempted to rape her, and as she resisted, he stabbed her in the throat several times.
    He then cut through her private parts - he afterwards claimed that he did that because when he realised what he'd done, he wanted to make the murder appear like other crimes committed abroad that he'd heard of.
    The author claims that Malm was most likely thinking of the Ripper-cases.

I found it interesting that a killer would attempt to conceal his act in that manner.

This is the knife used in the murder (photo from the book):
    Click image for larger version

Name:	kniv.png
Views:	59
Size:	469.6 KB
ID:	594933

Originally posted by Kattrup View Post
    he afterwards claimed that he did that because when he realised what he'd done, he wanted to make the murder appear like other crimes committed abroad that he'd heard of.
    The author claims that Malm was most likely thinking of the Ripper-cases.
    A fascinating admission by Malm--thanks for posting this.

If this idea occurred to a Finn in 1909, I can only imagine how it may have occurred to someone in London in 1889. Not so much an instance of Macnaghten's 'morbid imitation,' but a deliberate attempt to confuse the issue and raise reasonable doubt by turning an unrelated homicide into a 'Ripper' murder.

Comment

Originally posted by R. J. Palmer View Post

A fascinating admission by Malm--thanks for posting this.

If this idea occurred to a Finn in 1909, I can only imagine how it may have occurred to someone in London in 1889. Not so much an instance of Macnaghten's 'morbid imitation,' but a deliberate attempt to confuse the issue and raise reasonable doubt by turning an unrelated homicide into a 'Ripper' murder.
      Mary Kelly springs to mind !!!!!!!!!!!!

www.trevormarriott.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

Mary Kelly springs to mind !!!!!!!!!!!!

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
        Joseph Barnett?

Possibly, but was thinking of something less radical, like the Alice McKenzie or Pinchin Street cases.

Comment

Working...
        X