• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matti Haapoja

https://killer.cloud/serial-killers/.../matti-haapoja

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matti_Haapoja

To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact [email protected]

Ooh interesting! The only Finnish serial/spree killer that has been mentioned to me since I moved here was Hans Assmann, the most popular suspect in connection with the Lake Bödöm murders.

Comment

Howard, I came across the following article by accident. Sheffield Telegraph 28 October 1890. Same guy. Although the wiki article you linked mentions only one woman, this claims Haapoja was linked to several such murders, and, of course, he is claimed to be an imitator of 'the Ripper.' From the photo he appears to have had a Bonaparte complex.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for that, Rajah....that's probably the first article I've seen that mentions him by name.
        To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

"His skeleton was kept in the Museum of Crime in Vantaa for a long time, until, it being unsuitable for conversion into surstromming, it was finally buried in Ylistaro in 1995."

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
            "His skeleton was kept in the Museum of Crime in Vantaa for a long time, until, it being unsuitable for conversion into surstromming, it was finally buried in Ylistaro in 1995."
            They should have shipped it to Pennsylvania. ANYTHING can be chopped or liquefied into scrapple....
            The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

You're right there! Eagleville is the recycling capital of the world.

Comment

The poor guy probably went nuts from smelling surstromming, propelling him into becoming a serial killer.
                I heard that stuff smells like the inside of a dumpster.
                To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
                  I heard that stuff smells like the inside of a dumpster.
                  It's all relative. A dumpster in hyperborean Finland has a subtler scent than one baking away in some alley in South Philly in mid-July.

Anyway, I thought it was humane for the Finn coppers to remove Haapoja's manacles so he could strike his favorite pose.

I don't know why I remember this, Howard, but years ago didn't David Radka get excited when a poster suggested that the Ripper may have had a Napoleon Bonaparte fixation? (Mary Kelly crime scene).

Perhaps Dr. Louhelainen should dig up Haapoja's molars and test his DNA. I always thought that Eddowes' shawl looks like a Finnish wall hanging.

Comment

I don't remember if Radka reacted to that, R.J.
                    To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Working...
                    X