• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holland 1893

Toronto Daily Mail
    September 6, 1893

To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

The account's right and wrong. I'm actually looking into this one quite a bit right now. The murders took place on August 31, 1893, and were actually in a tiny village called Marolleput outside Oostburg. The victims were a 74 year old woman named Maria Banckaart, and her two daughters, 39 year old Rosalia Bert and 41 year old Melanie Bert. Murders apparently took place somewhere around 8:30 pm. Rosalia and Melanie were inside the house, Maria lying in a field about 300 feet away. A bloody cudgel was found next to Maria. All three had been bludgeoned and their throats slit. The case was pretty easy to solve, unsurprisingly the perpetrator was Rosalia's husband, Machiel Lampier. He claimed he met a girl and they wanted to run off to America, but he needed to kill his wife first and then decided to kill the other two women in the house. Not sure what happened to Lampier. He didn't die until 1931, so he wasn't executed.

Comment

Nice follow up, Andrew....thank you.
      To Join JTR Forums :
      Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

I'm actually not sure how much of that is even available in English to be honest. I've not ever found anything more than the article you posted. I had to translate the news articles from Dutch.

Comment

Working...
        X