No announcement yet.

Q & A - Pat Bennet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anna Morris thank-you for telling us what happened. I think you once told me you live or lived in the State of Washington, is this where this happened? Our media is biased, and is usually and exclusively showing how these thugs act in the deep South, pretending it doesn't happen in the North and Northwest of the USA. Do you think they singled you out because you were of a different religion, race or political group, or do you think it was based on pure greed and wanting you to sell your land? xxx

Comment

• I've been out west and I find the people tend to be more courteous and polite. I assume that's partly because the people out there would generally be more volatile, and they recognize that. The geography does attract certain types of people who might not "call 911" at any provocation, because they'd rather deal with things personally. The same thing might go for the victims, which seemed to work well in Anna's case.

I think my occupational field seems to have more volatile people, or people in the circle of the volatile, than some others. Certain occupations do attract homicidal people. Maybe it's the same with geography. (I also think the geography or the geo-politics might also influence new arrivals to become more volatile or brings it out more.)

Comment

• For some reason, the state of Washington has always had a high murder rate and proportion of serial killers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
          For some reason, the state of Washington has always had a high murder rate and proportion of serial killers.
          Good points Scott, the State of Washington does seem to have had more serial killers than the other 49 States. xxx

Comment

• Originally posted by Patricia Bennet View Post

Good points Scott, the State of Washington does seem to have had more serial killers than the other 49 States. xxx
            There's one less as of yesterday. He died in a hospital in Indiana, but was from Tacoma., Washington.

Comment

• Originally posted by R. J. Palmer View Post
              There's one less as of yesterday. He died in a hospital in Indiana, but was from Tacoma., Washington.
              Was he a true Westerner or was he an eastern transplant? I notice a lot of the major SKs on the West Coat actually come from the East. Hillside, Bundy, and GSK come to mind.

Comment

• In this case, he was born and raised in Tacoma, but committed known murders in Idaho (one victim transported to Montana) and California. At one point he lived in North Dakota. A particularly nasty piece of work.

Former Fargo man dies awaiting execution | INFORUM

Comment

• Yes, Joseph Duncan. A horrid man!

Comment

• Does anyone here know if Mary Jane Kelly also went by the name Mary McCarthy?

Comment

Does anyone here know if Mary Jane Kelly also went by the name Mary McCarthy?
                      I've never heard that she did. Have you?

She lodged with a Mary Mccarthy at one point, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kattrup View Post

Hi Kattrup! There is a man in one of my Facebook groups, who is actively doing research in an attempt to identify the real Mary Kelly. He has found some information that suggests she may have also used that last name.

Comment

• A couple of newspapers called her Mary McCarthy. My guess is people mixed up boyfriend Barnett with landlord McCarthy.

Comment

Hi Kattrup! There is a man in one of my Facebook groups, who is actively doing research in an attempt to identify the real Mary Kelly. He has found some information that suggests she may have also used that last name.
                            Ok, thanks. I look forward to hearing about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kattrup View Post

Hi Kattrup,

Kelly was reported as having lodged with a Mrs McCarthy in Breezer’s Hill and some have taken that to be the Mary McCarthy who was living at 1, BH in 1891. However, the evidence suggests that that Mrs McCarthy was probably not Kelly’s landlady.

Gary

Comment

That does sound interesting!

Comment

Working...
                                X