Points To Ponder- New Forums Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Points To Ponder- New Forums Discussions

From time to time and in fact I've already set up two threads under the headline above....I'm going to set up threads which are reevaluations of articles that have been published and hopefully, members will become acquainted or reacquainted with some of the material which has been published in Ripperologist, Ripper Notes, The Examiner, WS1888, etc. in the past.

If you have an article from one of the magazines and would like to establish a thread to discuss it...by all means do so.

Be sure to title the thread, "Points To Ponder-_____________", with the topic of the article in the blank.
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Hi Howard. You can do that with my Tabram article if you'd like, since no one seemed to notice it...or just didn't care. LOL.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Excellent idea, How. I often think how much of a shame it is that past articles in the periodicals are all but forgotten about over the course of time, despite the amounts of brilliant research that have often gone into them. Even from the days when periodicals were still posted out via snail mail.

Cheers,
      Adam.

Comment

AW, Tom:

I fully intend to go back through all the magazines I have and ezines of the Rip and pursue this as well as go through newspapers on a steady basis.
        I'm sure this will benefit newcomers and those who don't have subs to the magazines.

I'll bring the Tabram article up soon, Tom. Thanks for the suggestion.
        To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
          Hi Howard. You can do that with my Tabram article if you'd like, since no one seemed to notice it...or just didn't care. LOL.
          But if someone noticed it and quoted from the article, they'd be “regurgitating“ your ideas and “frustrating“ you, right? Tom, as I've remarked before, you're sooo the Goldilocks type. Dealing with you feels like being stuck between a rock and a hard place, which in this case would be between a
          crybaby and a pitbull.
          At least the articles are worth it.
          Best regards,
          Maria

Comment

Have you been drinking, Maria? When I tell you something in an e-mail that I haven't published, and you go and post it on the boards as your own thought, I get pissed. When I publish something for everyone to read, comment on, and even reference in their own works, that's most certainly another matter, and anyone with a brain would know the difference. As for me being 'difficult', I believe I've had the patience of Job with you.

Howard,

Sounds like fun!

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

a brief highjacking of this thread

Tom, I posted it ABSOLUTELY not as my own thought, but as a new discovery by someone else, in a covered fashion, carefully avoiding to reveal any of the important details, particularly WHERE it was located. Yes, I should have differentiated between published and yet unpublished work, and I apologize. I was even under the impression that the article in question will be coming out in about a week, included in the first issue of the new mag, and only earlier today did I realize that this can't be the case, since you're still writing it, and since probably the Bachert article is the one to come out in the first issue of the new mag. Normally I don't mixup basic stuff like this, so I'll fully admit I'm a tiny bit burdened by my current deadlines and pressures, and obviously wasn't thinking clearly when I posted your discovery without asking for permission, even if I did it covertly. So by all means, be pissed at me, while I solemny promise that nothing like this will happen again, EVER, without your being required to bring about patience of biblical proportions.

By the by, I see that you posted my ideas about what should be done and even my exact words from my email to you verbatim into the Helena W. casebook thread, which I don't mind, since it wasn't meant for publication. :-) (Kidding now, and it's cool that you agree with me on the matter in question.)
              Best regards,
              Maria

Comment

Tom:

I just posted a thread regarding Amanda Howard's article in RN ( # 22, 2005) regarding older serial killers and a couple of traits that Amanda, who has spent time interviewing them, noticed which I think are good points to ponder.
                To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Bump Up

Just a reminder that I'll be loading up the boards with more P.T.P. beginning tomorrow. The old man is a little beat from the workload today...but Nina and I will be trawling the magazines for more goodies tonight and tomorrow.
                  To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Working...
                  X