Points To Ponder- The Old Guys & Their Kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by How Brown View Post
    If a disorganized serial killer like Jack operated today he'd be caught in a matter of hours--Jeff

Not necessarily true Jeff...neither that he was disorganized ( my opinion ) or that a disorganized s.k. would be caught within a matter of hours.

Well I was down there last night and was aware of at least some CC TV cameras....I'm sure there must be a tour guide somewhere who can tell you how many and where? But you cant park a car for more than ten minutes on a single line without a ticket in Brick lane? But didnt notice CCTV in Berner street.

But Jack wandered the streets and took extreme chances. The forensics in 1888 was practically non existent. Admittedly theres no evidence Jack left patential DNA at the murder scene, but there must have been evidence of his clothes and presence that would be detectable today.

I just dont see how this kind of crime attacking street prostitutes could happen.....the women are nolonger on the street in the same way either, at least in the Eastend...

You'd have to look at the Ipswich murders for recent comparison, and admittedly it took police a few weeks.

Yours Jeff

Comment

Well I was down there last night and was aware of at least some CC TV cameras....I'm sure there must be a tour guide somewhere who can tell you how many and where? But you cant park a car for more than ten minutes on a single line without a ticket in Brick lane? But didnt notice CCTV in Berner street.

Jeff....most places in urban areas in America where prostitutes congregate ( limiting our discussion to a disorganized sk who seeks out prosses ) don't have the Big Brother, eye in the sky, apparatus.

But Jack wandered the streets and took extreme chances. The forensics in 1888 was practically non existent. Admittedly theres no evidence Jack left potential DNA at the murder scene, but there must have been evidence of his clothes and presence that would be detectable today.

If "Jack" ( limiting our discussion to JTR-as-disorganized killer) wasn't in a data base somewhere, it would be that much harder to apprehend him, even if he did leave traces of DNA.

I just don't see how this kind of crime attacking street prostitutes could happen.....the women are no longer on the street in the same way either, at least in the East end...

You're confining your argument to the East End. My error. I assumed you meant disorganized s.k.s' in general.
      To Join JTR Forums :
      Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Working...
      X