Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Point To Ponder : Was The Ripper Influential In The Nature Of Other Murders ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point To Ponder : Was The Ripper Influential In The Nature Of Other Murders ?

Do you feel the Whitechapel Murderer was directly responsible for the post-murder mutilations of other victims around the time of the East End murders...and afterwards ?

If yes to this being a likelihood in Britain...how about Europe ? America ? The Antipodes ?
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

At the very least there was a case in England where a fellow cut his fiance's throat, etc., to see what it was like to do a JtR crime. He had been reading the news and began obsessing on Jack. He was caught and hanged forthwith. Sorry I'm not being specific on date & location but it is a well known case. (Of course Patricia Cornwell said Sickert went to the area in disguise & did the crime. However I believe the young man confessed.)

This case is known. There must have been other copy cats. Even if some killers would eschew mutilating bodies, there surely were others who made the effort to have a higher body count than did Jack. At the rate the press all over the world began using the term JtR, it HAD to have inflammed unbalanced, murderous minds.
    The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

That would be William Waddell ( the murder of Jane Beadmore), the crime known as the Gateshead Murder.
      To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

cornered

Hello Howard, Anna. Beware such talk lest you wind up over here in my corner. (heh-heh)

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

Lynn:

I know you don't subscribe to the belief that the Ripper murdered several women, I do....what I should have added was whether murders outside London as well as the possibility that murders within the Ripper series, were committed by someone emulating the Ripper.
          To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Working...
          X