Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Point To Ponder : George Damon's Story...Believable Or Not ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point To Ponder : George Damon's Story...Believable Or Not ?

I've been trying to post this for over two hours, but I couldn't access the boards...first the newspaper site got knocked off line and then these boards did ( for me and me alone it appears)....but now all is well.

Most know that in 1902, Ameer Ben Ali was pardoned in relation to his conviction of second degree murder in the 1891 mutilation murder of Carrie Brown. Wolf Vanderlinden has written about this years ago.

This is from the New York Tribune.

New York Tribune
    April 17, 1902

To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Here's what I question.

Nina tells me ( Wolf might have also years back) that George Damon, Massachusetts born, died roughly 2 years after the article appeared.

He lived in Frankfort, New Jersey....which is 51 miles from the Lower East Side in Manhattan.

Read his story and contemplate that he would have made a heck of a trip at that time.

Anyone feel the statement is a little fishy ?
    To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

The newspaper should have read Cranford, New Jersey instead of Frankfort. Cranford is 26 miles from Manhattan.

Comment

Thanks Boss.
        To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Hi Howard and Nina.

Yes, Damon lived in Cranford, N.J. and owned a business in New York at 44 Beekman Street, only blocks from the East River Hotel. Damon's story was backed up by the affidavits of two others so there is some support for his tale. Personally, I think he was telling the truth.

Wolf.

Comment

Wolf:
            Thanks very much and I also believe his story.
            The fact he was familiar with the area and had a business in the district along with the shorter distance puts me in his corner.
            Thought I had something there for a moment, Wolf.
            To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Working...
            X