Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Point To Ponder : What's The Significance Of The Popularity Of "Ripperology"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Poster
    replied
    Alan Moore has never produced text which could be described as "throwaway rubbish" in his life.

P

Leave a comment:

• Adam Went
    replied
    I'm sure every individual has their own reasons for being interested in Ripperology, but personally I think a lot of it does just boil back down to it being a particularly fascinating era in history. In the scheme of things, it's not that long ago, but the world was changing in 1888 - soon Queen Victoria would die, the Titanic would sink and the world would be at war, twice. Remember there was some rubbish throwaway quote at the beginning of "From Hell" where JTR supposedly said he brought the world into the 20th century or some such - fictional of course, but there may actually be an element of reality in that as to why people are still so interested in it.

Cheers,
    Adam.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Barnett
    replied
    Perhaps The Five could have been called The Narcoleptís Handbook.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Barnett
    replied
    Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
    Lascivious Harlots from Monte Carlo.
    Or, The Narcolepsy Epidemic in 18th Century Covent Garden

Leave a comment:

• Robert Linford
    replied
    Lascivious Harlots from Monte Carlo.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Barnett
    replied
    [QUOTE=Robert Linford;365889]Is not HR herself now a Ripperologist?[/QUOTE]

She is.

She’s a member of the Forums, has written a Ripper book and has acknowledged her debt to Ripperology in its bibliography.

However, I suspect her interest in the subject, in the 5 and the other SOTA, is a passing one. Once the money is banked, she’ll have a quick squirt of disinfectant hand gel and move on to a more glamorous topic.

Leave a comment:

• Howard Brown
    replied
    She wants to be the Gatekeeper, Bob.

Leave a comment:

• Robert Linford
    replied
    Is not HR herself now a Ripperologist?

Leave a comment:

• Debra Arif
    replied
    I am just filling time before the next season of Love Island starts.

Leave a comment:

• Anna Morris
    replied
    What the heck? I am a member of Reddit so maybe I should answer that as soon as I get over the latest headache.

Lots of us here on the Forum are legitimate researchers, trying to learn, sharing and helping each other learn. We are reconstructing the time period and I think a lot of us are not actively searching for Jack but if we find him it would be interesting.

Leave a comment:

• Point To Ponder : What's The Significance Of The Popularity Of "Ripperology"?

What's The Significance Of The Popularity Of "Ripperology"?

A 'guest' or outside source for this PTP.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskHistoria...popularity_of/
Working...
X