Elizabeth Stride's Last Activities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
    .Thank you. I always need lots of refreshers on the streets.

So did Stride (English joke).
    I used to prefer your stnim.

Comment

Thanks Gary, and I'm glad you managed to avoid having an East German car named after you (but only just).

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
        Anna,

Close your eyes and listen carefully - you may hear the tap, tap, tap, of a blind manís stick.

Gary

Looks like I accidentally made a double entendre about "refreshings" but this is a good thread on which to do it. It goes with my original Point to Ponder.
        The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Morris View Post

Looks like I accidentally made a double entendre about "refreshings" but this is a good thread on which to do it. It goes with my original Point to Ponder.
          AA25C13C-5EDE-438B-B6C5-A9F4AC1041B5.jpeg

I donít know if theyíre still sold.

As for Foggy, he had bases in NE Passage, Wellclose Square and in Batty and Queens Courts off Batty Street. So Berner Street was very much on his home turf.

Comment

That's all good to know! A Refresher is a cachou. I was worried it was slang for knee trembler or something.

So maybe after BS Man got rough and threw down Liz, Foggy could have come tapping along and offered to brush the dirt off her jacket?

Comment

Then after the murder he hid in the dark - remember, it was twice as dark for Foggy, so he felt doubly safe - and then tapped off to Mitre Square.

Comment

Then after the murder he hid in the dark - remember, it was twice as dark for Foggy, so he felt doubly safe - and then tapped off to Mitre Square.
                I sometimes get the impression that people aren’t taking Foggy seriously as a suspect.��

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post
                  I sometimes get the impression that people arenít taking Foggy seriously as a suspect.��
                  It is said that blind people have other senses that are heightened. Maybe Foggy was tapping along and sensed Liz take out her cachous inside the gateway. Perhaps the whole crime is not all that mysterious. Foggy just wanted a Refresher....uh, cachou.

Comment

I think what happened was that Foggy came tapping along, entered the yard and -

FOGGY : Have you got any peppermints?
                    LIZ : No. I've got some cachous.
                    FOGGY : I hate cachous. Have you got any jelly babies?
                    LIZ : No.
                    FOGGY : Fruit gums, winter mixtures, fruit pastilles?
                    FOGGY : Eucalyptus drops?Humbugs? Dolly mixtures, aniseed balls, gobstoppers, chocolate buttons, pear drops, sherbet dabs, toffees, opal fruits, blackcurrant bonbons, liquorice allsorts?
                    LIZ : No. This isn't a sweet shop.
                    FOGGY : WHAT???

And with that, Foggy lost his temper....

Comment

I think what happened was that Foggy came tapping along, entered the yard and -

FOGGY : Have you got any peppermints?
                      LIZ : No. I've got some cachous.
                      FOGGY : I hate cachous. Have you got any jelly babies?
                      FOGGY : Fruit gums, winter mixtures, fruit pastilles?
                      FOGGY : Eucalyptus drops?Humbugs? Dolly mixtures, aniseed balls, gobstoppers, chocolate buttons, pear drops, sherbet dabs, toffees, opal fruits, blackcurrant bonbons, liquorice allsorts?
                      LIZ : No. This isn't a sweet shop.
                      FOGGY : WHAT???

And with that, Foggy lost his temper....
                      His Ďungovernableí temper, donít forget.

Comment

I think Poll generally knew how to handle him. Every time he got stroppy she put runny honey on the handle of his stick.

Comment

I think Poll generally knew how to handle him. Every time he got stroppy she put runny honey on the handle of his stick.
                          I bet that led to some Rowse.

Comment

Not during a Gail.

Comment

"See what a jolly bee in my bonnet I've got now."

Comment

"See what a jolly bee in my bonnet I've got now."
                                Ah, comb on, chaps, hiíve presented you with the best suspect since sliced bread and youíve gone all Rupert Brooke on me.

Comment

Working...
                                X