Member Input Requested : Autumn Of Terror Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Member Input Requested : Autumn Of Terror Thread

Mike Covell came up with the idea and I've been keeping the idea alive...occasionally with help from Dave James.

Should we initiate a thread referencing the Case in some way, any way, since Day One ?

I'm talking about at least one newspaper article from the English speaking or non-English speaking world for every day since September 1st 1888 ?

Of course, there were articles referencing the Smith and Tabram murders which Mike omitted at the beginning of the Autumn Of Terror thread....but I can always go back at some point and fit some in.

What do you think ?

Should I keep on going with the current AOT thread up to the end of 1888.....or keep it going as long as possible ?
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Hi How,

It would be a good idea to continue as there were many 'Ripper' related occurrences over the next couple of years - the Bradford murder in Jan 1889, to start with. There were various 'Ripper' scares over the next few years. Then there was Forbes Winslow and Albert Bachert's involvement through 1889/90.

However, it might be a good idea to give the thread a new title, as the 'Autumn of Terror' was the last few months of 1888.
    Dave
    "From Hull, Hell and Halifax, Good Lord deliver us."

Comment

I love reading them Howard, and now I can get jtrforums on my phone I can do it on the move. I like Dave's idea of changing the title or even setting up a new thread. As Dave points out there was Ripper scares and scandals going on throughout the year across the world after the Autumn of Terror.

I really appreciate you carrying on the thread Howard, this Autumn of Terror turned into an Autumn of Terror but luckily things are back on track now.

Comment

I also think that you should keep it going. I got to read a whole year of news on the 1947 project and I found reading that fascinating. So i say keep it going.

Comment

Please do and thank you for your efforts.

Joan

Comment

Keep it going by all means. I was going to suggest a change to a more suitable title if it is kept going but on reflection it's better to keep the old title IMHO.

Comment

That sort of settles it....I'll keep it going... all your input was most appreciated.

Its early and the coffee hasn't kicked in...so if someone has an idea for a better thread title, by all means share it.
              To Join JTR Forums :
              Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Working...
              X