This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Son Of Site Ideas...

I moved the other thread which is now in The Odditorium....

If you have ideas to improve the site,please share them here.

Thanks !
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

clowns and fireworks - preferably the illegal Chinese kind, for both?

Comment

Maybe this is already available and I've missed it, but here goes : what I think would be helpful would be if some way could be found to access recent posts. Sometimes one sees a thread or a post that one wants to reply to, but only a day later the thread has disappeared off the screen. And then it's a question of trying to remember the name of the thread etc.

Comment

I am not sure if that is possible,Bob....although I would jump through hoops to facilitate that for you.

Not to be facetitious, but I think it might be to some people's advantage to write down the name of the thread and keep it available, so it may be referenced. I do that from time to time.

Maybe Tim could chime in here...
        To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

I found that too Robert. I noticed when I have seen all the new posts and return to the site and there are no new posts a link is offered that allows all new posts in the last 24 hours to be displayed, maybe something along those lines:

http://www.jtrforums.com/search.php?do=getdaily

Scantily clad young females is always popular How, failing that a thread that details the facts of the case. Sorry if there is a thread devoted to this already. There is so much opinion and misinterpretations that it's hard to separate the facts from opinion. It could perhaps have a sticky on top that contains the 'agreed' facts and contributions from members below. The sticky being updated with the 'new' facts. Should make for interesting discussion if nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Linford View Post
            Maybe this is already available and I've missed it, but here goes : what I think would be helpful would be if some way could be found to access recent posts. Sometimes one sees a thread or a post that one wants to reply to, but only a day later the thread has disappeared off the screen. And then it's a question of trying to remember the name of the thread etc.
            Although I often lament losing these threads (after returning to the comp after a few days and finding 3 pages of new posts), but it often turns out to be a blessing in disguise after catching up with How's captions

Comment

Thanks WFX...

I really don't know how to approach the "new post" problem other than how we have it set up now. Again,maybe Tim can figure something out...
              To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Is there any way to make a mobile version of the site?
                I got this iPod touch from Santa and have noticed some sites have a mobile friendly version. Whilst I can read and post using the normal site you have zoom in and out etc. With these mobile Internet gadgets getting more popular it may be a thing for the future, perhaps vbulletin have plans in pipeline?

Comment

String:

No idea my friend. Let me look into that.
                  To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

What about through an RSS feed?
                    Jon

"It is far more comfortable to point a finger and declare someone a devil, than to call upon your imagination to try to understand their world."

http://www.jlrees.co.uk

Comment

I would love it if you could add this forum to the Tapatalk network.

Tapatalk is a very popular smart phone app designed specifically to make it easier to navigate forums on a smart phone. I use it often and would certainly use it to browse this forum when I am away from my laptop.

There is a fee involved to get your forum on their network, I am not sure what it is, but I, for one, would be greatly appreciated if this forum were to appear there.

https://tapatalk.com/

Comment

Vincent:

After we switch servers ( soon ), I'll look at this app....
                        Thanks for bringing it up.
                        To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
                          Vincent:

After we switch servers ( soon ), I'll look at this app....
                          Thanks for bringing it up.
                          That's great. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                          X