The Jeepster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Jeepster

Sorry for the no show today....Nina and I drove way down to West Chester to get an incredible deal on this Jeep.
    I am big on Jeeps....

Coincidentally, the second song that came on the radio on the way home was T-Rex's "Jeepster".

An omen...

This baby was really a steal...and Fatty is very happy.
    The photo doesn't do it justice in terms of the paint job.
    I don't look too appetizing either.

To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Nice job How, congrats. Plenty of room for dead bodies in the back of that one.

Comment

String:
      You ain't kidding....the manual says, "Seats 6, alive or dead..."
      To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Nice work, How! All wheel drive?

Cheers,
        Adam.

Comment

Adam:
          4 wheel drive because you need it in the East.
          Nina has been looking at all the features the previous owner added to it before selling it....man, we got a nice deal.
          To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
            Adam:
            4 wheel drive because you need it in the East.
            Nina has been looking at all the features the previous owner added to it before selling it....man, we got a nice deal.
            Congratulations How,
            But, I'll stick with my elderly Land Rover Defender, brought new in 1997 and still going strong!
            Cheers
            Merv
            Be nice to one another!
            Merv

Comment

Definitely looks like you got a great deal, How. The only problem with it is that the steering wheel is on the wrong side.

Must be the season for it, I lashed out and bought a 2006 model 4WD (Nissan Navara) a few months ago as well.

Cheers,
              Adam.

Comment

Adam:
                That's a nice looking vehicle....good luck with it.
                The beauty about Jeeps, to me, is their engine. Mine had a quarter million miles on it.
                Although my '92 looked like it went through a tornado ( cosmetically, it was beat...rust, in need of a paint job)...I am positive that it could have made it to 400,000 miles if we had spent money into dolling it up.
                We couldn't turn this deal down, though. Its better than we thought it would be by miles....
                To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
                  Adam:
                  That's a nice looking vehicle....good luck with it.
                  The beauty about Jeeps, to me, is their engine. Mine had a quarter million miles on it.
                  Although my '92 looked like it went through a tornado ( cosmetically, it was beat...rust, in need of a paint job)...I am positive that it could have made it to 400,000 miles if we had spent money into dolling it up.
                  We couldn't turn this deal down, though. Its better than we thought it would be by miles....
                  OK How,
                  I'll confess that I did toy with the idea of a jeep back in'97! What persuaded me to opt for a diesel Defender was the frugal fuel consumption [ mine has a BMW engine -TD4] and the aluminium alloy panel work-no rust.

What did impress me about Jeeps was their relatively simple , but powerful donk! There were a host of other creature comforts that simply don't exist in Defenders. As they stand , the trusty of butter boxes on wheels are probably amongst the slowest vehicles on the road! The grunt of a Cherokee would have made highway overtaking a great deal safer.

I guess , having been acquainted with Rovers since Army days they kinda grow on you. It's when they stop rattling that you suspect that something is seriously wrong!!

Incidentally, does your new chariot have a four wheel locked diff option?

Happy Motoring Mate,
                  Cheers,
                  Merv
                  Be nice to one another!
                  Merv

Comment

Dear Marvelous Merv;
                    Yessirree...its got 4W drive....optional...part time and full.
                    Nina tells me that not all Jeeps made today have 4 wheel drive which sort of surprised me.
                    Buying one without 4WD doesn't make any sense to me,IMHO.

Sort of like something else...like around 30 years ago when guys used to scramble down to gyms and bodybuilding joints in order to get bigger and in better physique in order to make themselves more appealing to girls...I never had to do that of course, which you know....
                    But then after joining these all male sweat joints...they spent all their time and money there and primped and preened in front of mirrors...and forgot about the girls.
                    To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Hey How you done well getting him to take your old car:

Comment

You can tell he never looked after it after he bought it from Lieutenant Colombo.

Comment

String:
                          Thats a before photo, man !
                          You shoulda seen it when I turned it in
                          To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

How, living between The Lakes, 4 wheel drive is a necessity here. You're going to love it! Just remember, it doesn't let you STOP any better.
                            SPERO IN DEO

Comment

WC;
                              You've gotta have it here too, pardner...if winters are going to be winters like they used to be....
                              To Join JTR Forums :

Comment

Working...
                              X