How do you read JTRForums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you read JTRForums?

I was just wondering with all the new tablets, phones and of course our old macs and pc's how people actually read the forum. I use both a mac and an iPod touch, occasionally an iPad. How do you read the forums, you can pick multiple options.
    Mac or Pc browser
    70.00%
    Tablet
    16.67%
    Phone
    13.33%

I only ever use my laptop, which is part of the reason i'm not on here as frequently as I once was. For people who use their phones to access the forums, how do you find it? Strangely enough, the thought of trying to make a post from my phone hadn't occurred to me!

Cheers,
    Adam.

Comment

Using a phone is pretty easy. It can get awkward if you want to post links from other pages but once you've did it a few times it's fine. Landscape mode for reading posts is helpful.

Comment

Disappointing there was no "ESP" option, but I guess you knew that already.
        Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
        (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

I have a Kindle that can get me here in a pinch, but i prefer my clunky desktops to any other devices. I don't even own a phone that browses.

Comment

Originally posted by Joan Tortorello View Post
            I don't even own a phone that browses.
            Me neither, Joan. Actually it can, but I'm too mean to pay the 4G charges. It amounts to the same thing.
            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
            (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

Desktop tower at home....and I can access the boards through any of my co-worker's Ipod things at work.
              To Join JTR Forums :
              Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

I like a phone that phones. I don't want a phone that browses.

Comment

I'm increasingly using the phone more as the desktop shows its age and limitations. The phone offers access when there's spare time from anywhere.

Typing on it is more cumbersome, but purchasing a Bluetooth keyboard solves that little annoyance. For people who are mobile and outdoors most of the time, this is the way to go.

As String said, it takes a little while to get the hang of posting links and images from a smartphone, but once you get the hang of it, its easy.

For Android, the Chrome browser is the way to go because of its simplicity. You can have favorites set up just like on the computer. Photobucket even has a mobile app to simplify transferring images.

Many websites now have mobile apps to make viewing on a small screne more convenient.

In fact, I doubt I'll ever buy another desktop - probably not even a laptop. Two-in-ones (combo tablets and detachable keyboards) are getting better and cheaper.

A cheap set of earphones and you can listen to podcasts anywhere- like when mowing the yard, visiting the in-laws or during sexual intercourse. Better than trying to think of something disgusting so you don't finish too quickly. You might consider Bluetooth earbuds here so there's no cord to get tangled around certain parts.
                  Best Wishes,
                  Cris Malone

Comment

Originally posted by Cris Malone View Post
                    A cheap set of earphones and you can listen to podcasts anywhere, like ... during sexual intercourse. Better than trying to think of something disgusting so you don't finish too quickly. You might consider Bluetooth earbuds here so there's no cord to get tangled around certain parts.
                    You're so practical, Chris. Thanks for the hands-free hints
                    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen"
                    (F. Nietzsche)

Comment

Naked

Monty

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X