New Banner ( Logo) & Calendar...& Smilies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Banner ( Logo) & Calendar...& Smilies

The banner isn't that bad is it ? Nina likes it especially since I spelled the words correctly in one shot.

As to the calendar function....I hear tell that they discontinued the old calendar style where you could add events into the specific day ( e.g., December 16th, my birthday).

Lemme know what you think about the banner. I can always change it.
    To Join JTR Forums, Contact :
    Howard@jtrforums.com

Scratch that about not having a calendar.
    I added one in the Board Announcements. I found a way of doing it.
    Getting better at this technology stuff.
    Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

I think it looks great Howard. Hope you haven’t pulled all of your hair out over the technology issues? This is what you get for dealing in witchcraft.
      Regards

Michael🔎

" When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable......is probably a little bit boring "

Comment

Just a minor one Howard. I was going to add a smiley to the above post but menu only shows as words rather than the actual smileys as it used to. I did select one but it hasn’t appeared (as you can see of course)
        Regards

Michael🔎

" When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable......is probably a little bit boring "

Comment

That's something I'll get around too at some point, Mike. This new software is more advanced than the old one and I think a lot better despite my bitching about it a couple of days ago.

I also have the ability to add new skins to the boards...but I want to be perfectly up to speed with applying one ( a skin is the page you're looking at...different colors, different borders, different colored script, etc....). I may even practice on the jtrforums.net site.
          Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

The Smilies are back courtesy of Trevor of VBulletin.....
            Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

.........l
              Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

I find this system to be difficult. Stuff also disappears, meaning threads/topics. I have wondered if these items temporarily disappear while people make comments?

That sounds weird so I'll try to explain. I scroll through the offerings and see several of interest on one page. Look at some but then can't find the rest, not even by advancing through current pages. Not sure what this means.
                The wickedness of the world is the dream of the plague.~~Voynich Manuscript

Comment

Anna:

Are you using a laptop or phone by any chance ?
                  Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

The 'New Topics' seems to be static while the 'New Posts' function is running smoothly.

I had mentioned before that folks would need to become acclimated with the new software. It is a little more difficult to navigate for users at this point in time.

Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Working...
                    X