Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howard Brown
    replied
    I also asked whether this new software would allow us to download our private messages as the previous software did....but it doesn't.

Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• Howard Brown
    replied
    Update:

I adjusted the settings in the control panel. I raised the default settings so that the number of messages that members can store ( sent and received) is now 750.

The maximum number of recipients to a p.m is still 5.

Leave a comment:

• Howard Brown
    replied
    Nice photo, Gary

Leave a comment:

• Gary Barnett
    replied
    BTW, my avatar is a recently restored picture of my dad, aged 17, in 1943. He lied about his age to join the Royal Navy and didn’t come out until 1947.

Leave a comment:

• Howard Brown
    replied
    Debs:

I sent VBulletin an email outlining the issue.

Hopefully, they'll be able to help.

The reason I don't want to try correcting it is that it may wind up leading to other issues. Better letting the professionals handle it.

XXX

Leave a comment:

• Debra Arif
    replied
    Originally posted by Gary Barnett View Post

How do I get to that screen, How? That’s not what I get when I pick a name from the member’s list.
    I've tried both ways, clicking on the username under the Avatar and getting the screen How mentions and writing a PM from there but that brings up the same message as when I message using the member list.
    ..oh well.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Barnett
    replied
    Is it spell-checker that’s coming up with ‘destructions’ and ‘insurrections’, or have we been hacked by the Proud Boys?

I still get a different screen, but it allows me to send messages to you at least. It’s just Debs I can’t send to. I don’t send many PMs so I don’t know if I might have problems sending to others.

Leave a comment:

• Howard Brown
    replied
    Gary

You don't need to go to the Members List
    Just go to the person within a post or thread and follow the instructions in my last post.

I'll have to ask the tech guy at VBulletin about the issue with private messages concerning 'delete topics' when I get home. I'm not about to mess around with the settings as it may affect everyone else.

Leave a comment:

• Gary Barnett
    replied
    Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
    Want to send a message to some on the boards, but are unable to ?

1. Click on that person's name under his or her avatar

2. When the page opens, follow these insurrections :

How do I get to that screen, How? That’s not what I get when I pick a name from the member’s list.

Leave a comment:

• Debra Arif
    replied
    As I mentioned in my other post, other people trying to message me (Gary) get a message that my inbox is full and also this is the message I keep getting when I try to send a PM, even though my inbox and sent box are both empty:

"You have reached your stored private message quota of 70 topics you have 84 topics saved combined in your private message folders. Please delete some of your existing topics."

What do I need to do?! What doe sit mean by delete 'topics?' Cheers anyone

Leave a comment:

• Howard Brown
    started a topic Private Messages : How To Make, Send, and Receive

Private Messages : How To Make, Send, and Receive

Want to send a message to some on the boards, but are unable to ?

1. Click on that person's name under his or her avatar

2. When the page opens, follow these insurrections :

Working...
X