No announcement yet.

The future of JTRForums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A very sad position to find ourselves in.
    I am happy to make a small donation annually and to help in the running of the site

Comment

As I wrote elsewhere on here today,
      I've just seen this, and I agree, it would be utterly devastating if this site was to be lost. So much has been put into by How, Nina, many researchers and members.
      Wouldn't charging members a small annual subscription keep the site going? I'm sure members would be only too pleased to support it. Nothing is free in this world, and if it is, someone is paying for it somewhere.
      Just a suggestion. Regards, Amanda

Comment

I'm very pleased to say that nine people between them have offered enough donations for us to renew the main site hosting in November!

Comment

Great effort, Chris.
          To Join JTR Forums :
          Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
            Great effort, Chris.
            Yes - thanks to all those who have generously offered financial support and other kinds of help to keep the site going.

Of course, it is also a reflection of the value placed on the content of the site, which has been built up over so many years through Howard's hard work, and through bearing the cost of the site himself over a long period.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Phillips View Post
              I'm very pleased to say that nine people between them have offered enough donations for us to renew the main site hosting in November!
              That’s good news, Chris.

Things have been a bit quiet of late. We members need to start posting a bit more. And guests - don’t hide your lights under bushels, sign up and have your say.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda Lloyd View Post
                As I wrote elsewhere on here today,'
                I've just seen this, and I agree, it would be utterly devastating if this site was to be lost. So much has been put into by How, Nina, many researchers and members.
                Wouldn't charging members a small annual subscription keep the site going? I'm sure members would be only too pleased to support it. Nothing is free in this world, and if it is, someone is paying for it somewhere.
                Just a suggestion. Regards, Amanda
                I would GLADLY pay a membership fee!! AND would be willing to contribute, financially, in some way, if needed, too.

I don't post much, but I'm always falling down rabbit holes in here! PLEASE let me know if I can be of any assistance!! (Financial, I am NOT techy in ANY WAY)

Comment

Originally posted by Allison Smith View Post

I would GLADLY pay a membership fee!! AND would be willing to contribute, financially, in some way, if needed, too.

I don't post much, but I'm always falling down rabbit holes in here! PLEASE let me know if I can be of any assistance!! (Financial, I am NOT techy in ANY WAY)
                  Thanks. That's very helpful. Although we have been offered the money we need for the renewal in November, if anyone else is willing to donate, that would allow a reduction of some of the larger contributions that have been offered. So please do contact me by private message if you would like to offer a contribution.

Comment

Haven't been over here for a good while, just heard the news. Put me down among those willing to make a modest contribution.
                    Tel
                    Lacerta es reptiles quisnam mos non exsisto accuso nusquam

Comment

Originally posted by tel View Post
                      Haven't been over here for a good while, just heard the news. Put me down among those willing to make a modest contribution.
                      Thanks very much for your kind offer, which is noted.

Comment

Ozzy,Ozzy,Ozzy

Comment

Oi, oi, oi!
                          Tel
                          Lacerta es reptiles quisnam mos non exsisto accuso nusquam

Comment

Working...
                          X