5Q With Mark Grice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5Q With Mark Grice

We thank Mark very much for participating in the 5Q With....he's new to Message Board Ripperology, so we put together some basic questions to see where he stands at this point in time.

1. Being a lifelong resident of the U. K., can you recall the first time you heard of the Whitechapel Murders & Jack The Ripper ? When and where was it, if you can recall ?

I don't remember how young I was but I can't recall NOT knowing about JTR, so I must have been really young. My mother used to watch programmes on t.v about murders such as JTR,The Yorkshire Ripper and the Moors murders/Murderers.

2. So far, what is your impression of the variety of Case-related threads on JTR Forums ?
    Is it a good blend or is it top heavy in one area ?

So far I'm happy with the good blend on the forum and there is something for everyone.

3. If you were in a position of authority within the Metropolitan police department in late 1888...would you have instructed the constables under you to be a little more hands on with street prostitutes after a certain time of night ( say, 1 AM ) ?

I would have flooded the streets with constables at midnight or maybe 11:30 pm, before the pubs shut.

4. If you were a constable on the beat...lets say after the Nichols murder, you'd already know that in most cases the only means women had at their immediate disposal in order to get their hands on enough money to procure a bed for the night was by prostituting themselves. Would you go an extra step in disrupting any signs of liasing between prosses and their tricks because of the Nichols murder ?

Difficult question really because apart from needing money for lodgings they needed money for food too.Albeit in some cases the money was squandered on alcohol instead.

5. What was the last Ripper related film or program you saw and what was your impression of the program ? Do you think others were or would be impressed if they saw it themselves ?

The last documentary I saw was Jack The Ripper : The Definitive Story .
    I thoroughly enjoyed it and thought it was a well made documentary. The flow of the documentary was well done
    It was easy to follow and I'm sure everybody would love it.
    To Join JTR Forums :
    Contact Howard@jtrforums.com

No problem How!
    I enjoyed it, and maybe later i could do it again with more difficult questions after i've gained more knowledge.

Mark.

Comment

Great interview.

You seem to have pretty good knowledge to me, Mark... and the right kind of enthusiasm.
      Best Wishes,
      Cris Malone

Comment

From the mouths of babes.....

Here's five more, my fine fellow. Please pontificate.

1. What is your favorite section of the site?
        2. How did you learn about us?
        3. What feature would you like to see more of on this site?
        4. What feature would you like to see less of on this site? (Don't bother saying 'Howard'; we've all tried that.)
        5. On average, how much time each day do you spend with Jack?

Comment

Originally posted by Cris Malone View Post
          Great interview.

You seem to have pretty good knowledge to me, Mark... and the right kind of enthusiasm.
          Thanks Cris.
          I'm learning all the time but i'm enjoying it!

Comment

Originally posted by admin tim View Post
            From the mouths of babes.....

Here's five more, my fine fellow. Please pontificate.

4. What feature would you like to see less of on this site? (Don't bother saying 'Howard'; we've all tried that.)
            Ok Tim!

Answer:At the moment i've not got a favourite section as i seem to browse through just about all the sections.

Answer:I googled Jack The Ripper Forums and this forum and another one came up.Having looked at both, this one looked by far the best and most informative.The other one looked a bit gimmicky IMO!

Answer:At the moment i'm happy with the content and variety on the forum.

Answer:No it fine as it is!

Answer:Sometimes i can read my JTR book while i'm at work but not always but i come onto the forum when i get home from work and on my days off.
            I'd say on average about 2-3 hours.

Mark

Comment

Working...
            X