5 Questions for Debbie D.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 Questions for Debbie D.

Okay Debbie D.....sit in that chair...look into that 150 watt halogen bulb....thats it.....now start talking:

1. How long have you been interested in the Whitechapel Murders?

2. What was your first impression of the Maybrick Diary ?

3. Has anyone ever felt your interest in the WM was a little....shall we say....offbeat being in Indiana and all ?

4. What is the one thing that you would have done if you were in a position of authority ( Abberline...Warren....Anderson...take your pick ) in the fall of '88 ? It could be something that was already implemented....

5. What is your favorite "area" of Ripperology ?Aspect-related.....suspect-related....speculation ( pro/con)-related....or the atmosphere of the times?

Thanks

Yikes! An Interrogation!

How Brown-Okay Debbie D.....sit in that chair...look into that 150 watt halogen bulb....thats it.....now start talking:

Don't I have a right to an attoney?

1. How long have you been interested in the Whitechapel Murders?

1 1/2 to 2 years... ummm when do I get to make that phone call?

2. What was your first impression of the Maybrick Diary?

My first and current impression was/is "what a load of crap". Strangely enough that was the same impression of the Epiph & Cornwell, Yet I still have all three within my book collection. :cool:

3. Has anyone ever felt your interest in the WM was a little....shall we say....offbeat being in Indiana and all ?

Most definitely. My boyfriend thinks I'm nuts along with my family and most of my co-workers.

4. What is the one thing that you would have done if you were in a position of authority ( Abberline...Warren....Anderson...take your pick ) in the fall of '88 ? It could be something that was already implemented....

I would have offered a substantial reward for any tips leading to an arrest AND conviction of JtR. I would have photographed the graffiti, took tons of crime scene photos, and I also would have preserved some of the evidence, such as bloody clothes, and any items left behind. And lastly, if I were Abberline I would have had my darned picture taken... Isn't Fred almost as elusive as Jack? There's a few other things I'll think of later on but for now that's what I would do.

5. What is your favorite "area" of Ripperology ?Aspect-related.....suspect-related....speculation ( pro/con)-related....or the atmosphere of the times?

I really enjoy the atmosphere of the times. All the socialites with their knickers in a twist over the east end murders and the deplorable conditions. The prank letters show that they were people and had a sense of humor, though some were more graphic than others... Letters From Hell is one of my favorite Ripper books. And yes I know that most seem to think that Dear Boss & Saucy Jacky was the work of a journalist, but having worked in two male dominated profession for the past eleven years, Dear Boss simply REEKS of an in-side-in-house prank by one or possibly two policemen that got out of hand.

I don't think this case is as complicated as everyone makes it out to be. I don't think Jack was a royal, a diary author, a slaughterer, doctor or even the great bathmat. I really believe Jack was actually an average person that no one would really suspect... Perhaps Jack's neighbors would say "he always was a quiet guy, Strange fellow, kept to himself most of the time." I believe it was solveable in it's day, but the police were terribly un-prepared for a serial killer investigation.

Any more questions? I'd be happy to answer them

Comment

Thanks for the responses Debbie. Much appreciated.

No lawyers dear...no lawyers.

After you shake one's hand,be sure to count your fingers.

Comment

Working...
      X